Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first 1911. It's a M1911A1 by Auto Ordnance. Cleaned and lubed it yesterday and it seems to be very well built. I may want to do a little trigger work but not until I've put a few hundred rounds through it. Planning on a trip to the range this week to see how it shoots.

·
Super Moderator
22,318 Posts
Congrats, and good luck. :hand10:

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
What, no picture??!! Welcome to the world of 1911's. Start saving, you'll want more. :yup:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Wow, I expected to see a nice picture of a 1911 and all I got was text. You will enjoy your 1911 more than you think. Have fun, be safe, ad shoot the fire out of that thing. Oh and congrats as well.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! I hope it serves you well.....but I hope you never have to use it.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Congrats. You are gonna love it. I guarantee it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on your purchase! I hope it serves you well.....but I hope you never have to use it.
This I bought just because I wanted one and to use at the range. Way more weight then I want to carry. For carry I use a Walther PPS.

·
Administrator
144,341 Posts
Plain Jane but, I like them just that way also. :yup:

congrats!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I'm both jealous of and stoked for you with this purchase. Don't have one in the fold just yet but some time in the next 2-4 years. Keep saving those pennies! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been talking myself into it and out of it for awhile now. One of these days I want to get a really nice Series 70 but this was a good starting point and I do love the look of the gun. Looks just like a WWII version that my brother has. Also Kahr has done a great job of turning around Auto Ordnance.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took it to the range today, 100 rounds with zero issues. It is a tack driver at 20 yards.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
I like those guns but never got the chance to try one,they seem very authentic looking GI style 1911s
Id love to add one to the collection

1 - 15 of 15 Posts