Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went and traded the PT 140 in for a new Springfield Champion LW. I got a 4" barrel, park'ed slide and OD green frame. Night sights and rubber grips. I considered a GI model w/ LW frame , but opted to just buy a better decked out model, rather than upgrade. Haven't shot it yet, as I just got back home. I am excited. Guess I need to start searching for holsters and start breaking it in. Thanks all who replied to my previous inquiry.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Feedback - awaited :smile:

Night sights - good. Rubber grips - good. OD frame - not so sure LOL!

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't overly thrilled witht he OD frame , but am growing to like it as I keep looking at the new pistol. Will do on the range report, and hopefully some pics too.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I had one of the first year production govt LW 1911s and loved it. Only thing I did was a quality trigger job to 4.5#s and a front night sight. It carried very well as a duty gun and was enough to still handle during rapid fire. Good purchase and a heck a trade from what I see.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Congrats rocky!!! Great minds must think alike. The SA 1911 Loaded Champion LW was my first 1911 and I've been addicted ever since.

Here's an old pic of my Champion LW (top right), along with my XD9SC (bottom left) and Slim Hawg (bottom right).

·
Registered
425 Posts
if you traded a pt140 for a 1911 that works... you did GREAT!

shoot the dickens out of it.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Nice pickup, Rocky. Now, how about those pictures?

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, forgot to add pics and a range report. This thread is an old 1. Will get some new pics of my now worn 1911 and a full range report tomorrow .

·
Registered
195 Posts
can't wait, mine is coming back from S/A tomorrow:danceban: New barrel, extractor, finish and since it was there a 4# trigger.

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
Congrats...

on the new pistola...

ret:urla9ub:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts