Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new 10/22 to the range today after putting the new scope on. My setup is stock 10/22 with about a 3# trigger pull, Hogue Overmold stock, ER Shaw 18" SS bull barrel, and a BSA Panther 2.5-10x44 scope. Only shot enough to zero the scope and 5 groups. It was 95 degrees and I was in the sun, sweating like a pig. I also took the old trusty 20 year old Ruger with me to see if it could compete. I learned one thing today, I need something to hold the gun still! Had to use a gun bag as a front rest and the edge of the table as a back rest. Here are my results:

Side by side

Best group with the old one

Best group with the new one

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
For a make-shift rest, looks like you did pretty good. What distance were you shooting at?

One thing I purchased that I really like for cleaning my 22s is the PatchWorm. Works great and easy to use at the range.

For a relatively inexpensive shooting rest, you might look at the MTM Predator rest. I have one and they are pretty decent for not a lot of money. When I want to get serious, I use a rear bag (just got this one and really like it) and my Caldwell Rock BR Competition rest. Very solid.

Have fun.

Hoss

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Very nice! Love the 10/22 Target models myself. I've almost got the trigger pull too light on my lightweight custom, but it's very nice. IMO, BSA scopes work rather well on the 10/22's and probably for most 22lr rifles. Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts