Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 22 rifle - Nothing spectacular, just another 10/22. Topped with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9 rimfire scope. Not my first, but I'm looking forward to enjoying it!

Funny how I've recently re-discovered the joy of a simple 22, pistol or otherwise....

If anyone has any special tips for the 10/22, please share.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,938 Posts
They're addictive... I've got 5 of 'em.

There are oodles of aftermarket goodies for 10/22s, but a lot of it is "tacticool" junk you don't need. The two things I do to any of my 10/22s are to improve the trigger, and modify the bolt hold-open device. The latter is a 10-minute file or Dremel job which allows you to release the bolt from its locked-back position by just pulling it back.

Head on over to RimfireCentral.com for a wealth of info on the 10/22 and things you can do to it and with it. Meanwhile, shoot the heck outta it and have fun!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Gasmitty thanks for the rimfire central reference. I was just about to start looking into .22lr. Great web site.

·
Administrator
144,354 Posts
Looks great. Perfect little survival package. Shoot it in good health. :king:

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
New 22 rifle - Nothing spectacular, just another 10/22. Topped with a Nikon Prostaff 3-9 rimfire scope. Not my first, but I'm looking forward to enjoying it!

Funny how I've recently re-discovered the joy of a simple 22, pistol or otherwise....

Nice rifle!

But isn't it a little pricey to shoot these days? Might be better off with a 7.62x39! :blink:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
My best tip for a 10/22 fan is " RimfireCentral.com - Rimfire Community! ". But beeeeee careful! Or you'll spend more to customize your Ruger than the cost of a new Anschutz or Volquartsen. And you aren't gonna' get many 10/22 customs to stand up with a 54 SuperMatch or a Superlite.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Yeah, I have briefly visited the rimfire site. I know this rifle is very customizable, and who knows what I may do in the end. But right now, I just want to enjoy a fun plinker!! Besides, right now in my area, getting ammo would be harder than tricking it out... But, I've already got a few hundred rounds I can run through it, starting tomorrow.....

·
Registered
1,272 Posts

I love the Ruger 10/22 so much, I'll be out shooting mine in the morning...along with a couple of other guns!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nothin better in the 22lr market than a good ole 10/22
I have been looking all over for one of these and they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

I found a few 10/22 tactical packages but I am looking for one with iron sites or with a practical scope. Any hints on where to look?

·
Super Moderator
19,938 Posts
Check on GunBroker a couple of times a week.

Nothing wrong with a used 10/22 that hasn't been used as a pry bar or to drive railroad spikes... pretty simple and rugged guns. Just don't over pay!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I found one at Gander Mountain last month while looking for ammo . It was $225 , nothing fancy . It's the carbine model , they also had the take down model . Also they had some 22lr ammo in back ,so I bought two 375 bricks . Just picked up a Ruger BX 25 x2 mag. For it .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Absolutely classic gun and fun to shoot. It doesn't have to be spectacular to enjoy. Have fun!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts