Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new catalog from CTD and they are advertising .40cal Federal ammo 135gr and 155gr. Anyone here have any comments on performance? Likes dislikes? I usually carry 165gr rem in my smith.

thanks Al

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've seen the 155g before. You probably wont be able to tell the difference from the 165g. As for the 135g, thats new to me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Freedz

·
Registered
11 Posts
I personally don't like the 135gr Federal Hydra Shok is to light for my taste. I shot quite a bit 4-5 years ago when I got my first .40, and while nice and mild, I found I liked the heavier/slower rounds better, and still prefer them today.

Good luck
IGF

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go with Ranger T or Federal HST (not hydrashok) if you want the best you can get. They are harder to come by and are available to civilians on the web.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
IMHO 165gr is about optimum in a .40 , anything lighter is like
shooting a 9mm.

I prefer the 180 gr loads myself.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
imho place your shots com , let the felon tell you what he was shot with . If it was anemic he will complain lol .

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
135gr

The 135gr is a "medium velocity" load. It's for some or other LEO contract, so if CTD has it, probably an over-run. Everyone has a different opinion, especially when it comes to .40. I'd pick the 155gr of the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts