Defensive Carry banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
What if someone changes how they "identify" on different forms? If the person "changes" how they "identify" on different forms, are they purposely putting false information on the form? I'm not trying to be mean or funny here.
I was thinking of identifying as a spoon. Wonder how that would sell?

Reactions: OD* and G26Raven

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Further proof that the Government is being less and less useful.

I don't believe that you are non-binary. You were born with one set of parts. Anything else is false teaching.
Yep, you either have a car or a garage. There ain't any other parts. God didn't make any mistakes with these parts.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Ya'll ain't thinking right. We can use this to our advantage.

Everyone of us needs to commit to checking non-binary. This will totally skew the metrics! Liberal heads will explode at all the non-binaries all of a sudden buying guns! This could be fun. :image035:

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Dear Raven; Big deal.:rolleyes::gah:
Who cares?
This is as important as whether POTUS wears a mask when visiting an Operating Room.
Now, now, lets use our polite words here.
I am glad @G26Raven posted this. I doesn't affect me personally but this forum is for us to learn about new procedures and changes that affect gun buying.
I found it "interesting".

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Awesome! I'll probably check non binary in the future. That will be fun.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I disagree with adding a third option. while suggesting the change on the form is okay, adopting it indicates a complete lack of what of understanding. The point was a couple of simple general indicators to help in identification. How one feels at a given point in time is not a general identification. If I asked you in a crowd to point out a specific person, I would be looking for some identifying markers. Height, weight, general appearance would help identify a person.

So, if I said "male or female?", I'm asking to pair down a specific person within a crowd. Asking for their 'sex' is to be construed as to what a reasonable person might consider after a quick perusal. I suppose you could say, "Do they have boobs, a shapely figure, and long soft hair". The question is asking for a social analysis.

This is just nothing more than people of low IQ imposing an unrelated personal agenda on everything without regard as to what is to accomplished.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I can't wait until I buy my next gun with the new form.

I'll ask the clerk "What about non-binary?" The level of discomfort will be hilarious.
Awesome! I'll probably check non binary in the future. That will be fun.
That’s the spirit! Mess with their minds! :danceban:

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
I agree with you to the extent that I don't go along with the transgender thing at all, but there are scientific, biological exceptions and they occur more often that we think. They are called "intersex" which is a medical term, distinct from transgender, which is a social invention. As many one in 1,500 births involve children with indeterminate gender, including chromosomes that are neither XX or XY, such as XXY, and/or they have elements of both male and female sex organs. It is estimated that as many as one in 100 people are born with some more minor intersex symptoms that may be detectable at birth, but also may not show up until later in life.
In all seriousness...
This biological data is true, but it is outside modern gender theory. Modern gender theory is that gender is a social construct and not biological. Therefore gender is an infinite spectrum upon which one can fluidly identify, defying social norms.

True, gender spectrum activists often refer back to intersex which is physical abnormalities of sex organs. That is biological. They also refer to sex chromosome abnormalities. These are not intersex, but some people incorrectly interchange the conditions. A person can have XXX, XXY, XYY and be a biologically functional and fertile male or female. This is also biological. None of this should enter into the conversation of modern gender theory which relies upon gender being a social construct and sex being biological. The fact that these terms are all interchanged in the modern gender discussion suggests, at the very least, logical inconsistencies.

And none of that has anything to do with purchasing a firearm. Unless you consider that the suicide rate of Americans identifying as trans sexual is around 35%.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I think they should reframe the question in line with some hazing the drill instructors made us do.

"Four count pecker checkers:" Pass/Fail

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Seriously, I wonder if some of the rumors are true that the main change in the 4473 is to make supposedly illegal gun registration possible. I don't know enough about how that works to say, but I know a lot of people have alleged it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm all out of facepalms this month.

On a side note, I noticed that pharmaceutical companies have had to make an interesting twist to some of their promos since their drugs may be sex specific. In one ad, "This medicine is for those who have male physiology at birth". So there. Nature speaks once again?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts