Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just thought I'd give an update on a new product we are releasing. Many of you are familiar with our Protos-M holster that features our patent pending 3/4 hybrid design, this new backer builds on that awesome platform to make it even more comfortable. Here is the key points if you are short on time.

• 3D spacer mesh against the body (similar to what you see in backpacks)
  • Dri-Matrix cushioning that allows for increased air flow and reduces pressure points on the body
  • Suede backed sweat guard for increased comfort against the skin
  • Durable leather facing the handgun
  • Sweat proof polymer stiffener that prevents any sweat from reaching the handgun, with breathable regions to allow for air flow fore and aft of the handgun.

Our new patent pending Dri-Matrix backer paired with our 3/4 hybrid system is the most comfortable holster we've ever produced. Our breathable backer is based on our Protos-M dual clip backer, one of the smallest backers in the dual clip hybrid market (For comparison, our extraterrestrial competitor's backer is over 50% larger than ours).

The Dri-Matrix backer is unique in several ways, first it uses ultra-durable leather against the handgun, no meshes or fabrics to fray or collect dust. It also features significantly more shielding of the handgun against warm humid air coming from the body that can condense on your handgun. Other breathable holsters have a small impermeable area directly underneath the slide of the handgun while venting moisture directly under the majority of the Kydex shell. We also use a specialized cushioning mesh material underneath the two breathable panels. This mesh allows to airflow both through the material to the outside of the holster and laterally. This cushioning material, paired with the 3D spacer mesh helps keep your skin dry even underneath the sweat barrier. The holster also features double-reinforced belt clip adjustment holes to ensure a lifetime of usage.

Right now we are pretty light on information on the website but expect to have more info posted later this week. Thanks!

close up logo.jpg

4 layer.jpg

·
Administrator
143,464 Posts
It appears that Black Arch has been working overtime to make.."Great" even better.

Breathing has been something that I personally have enjoyed doing my entire life. :biggrin2:

Happy to see that you've incorporated it into a holster.

Obviously quite a bit of trial/error real world engineering in order to get it all exactly right. :yup:

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
And to the first to like the post get to do beta tests?:image035:

Actually look forward to additional info and pics with the use of modern materials.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
This one will go on my short list for the next holster purchase.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Yep, me & breathing go...wayyyy back. :image035:
Looks like great stuff! :congrats:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts