Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Christmas I gave my parents the blank forms and the cash for both of their permits. Now they just need to hit the court house and get a handgun. Baby steps with my parents. :santaclaus:

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Sounds to me like you gave them a great Christmas present!:yup:

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Sounds like the 'perfect' gift...:yup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Make sure you get them the training as well. Lots of it and lots of practice. PA pretty much gives anyone with a pulse a CCW permit. My cousin put a round of hollow point 357 through his hand a few years back due to lack of training. His mom, my first cousin has never forgiven herself for allowing him access to the gunsafe for emergencies. They're in Phily. PA was one of my first permits as a non-resident - I had the smarts enough to take loads of training and hands on 'hot' training as well. I still don't feel I am where I want to be but I feel I am 'safe'. And you can be sure that I treat every gun as if it is loaded and it never gets pointed at anything I am not prepared to destroy. When at home they are all trigger locked and then locked in a safe with the ammo locked in a different safe. Except for the business tools and they are kept about as safe as they can get under the circumstances. Call me anal about gun safety but I have seen the result of 1/100 of a second of absent mindedness and it is sure not pretty - not much left of that hand and he's lucky the gun didn't go off when it hit the ground.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmm, I cannot help but wonder if they have sent them off yet? :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hmm, I cannot help but wonder if they have sent them off yet? :)
In PA you walk in with the completed forms, do it all then (used to work that way) even the picture. Good luck Mum and Dad, help them with carry method's, then draw and click practice, lots of it, followed by draw and Bang/Bang/Bang!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts