Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this pistol with two ten round mags. Seems pretty slick with no snag fiber optic sights , low profile levers and a super compact design . It shoots well, with only long shots being difficult. I did manage a few hits at 30-40 yards on a 11x17 steel target. Recoil isn't too bad with a ported barrel taking up some energy.
This will be my new summer carry / backup gun I believe. .

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Congratulations on a great carry pistol. I have the standard model with Sig X-Ray night sights. I carry it IWB and often carry it in my right front pocket using an Alabama pocket holster. I bet the SAS slide would pocket carry a little better.

On a side note, I got an email from Sig that they are now selling the SAS slide separately.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I love the concept of the SAS.
In practice I was annoyed that I could bring the gun up, have no sight at all, and not have reference points to instantly correct alignment.
This problem was amplified when on the move and shooting around barriers.
I'm positive it would be great with enough practice, but ultimately decided the SAS was adding a handicap to solve the problem of having sights, which was never a problem for me in the first place.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not to mention the issues that a tiny ported firearm also brings: increased noise, debris from the ports during shooting and into the ports during carry, can't fire from within a pocket, on and on...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Picked up this pistol with two ten round mags. Seems pretty slick with no snag fiber optic sights , low profile levers and a super compact design . It shoots well, with only long shots being difficult. I did manage a few hits at 30-40 yards on a 11x17 steel target. Recoil isn't too bad with a ported barrel taking up some energy.
This will be my new summer carry / backup gun I believe. . View attachment 333289
Way to go on getting a P365! I hope you love it as much as I do mine.

That said, the SAS seems as though it might block out some of the sight picture. Does this work okay for you?

Not that I have permission from DW to even dream of another P365, the model with the red dot sights looks like it could sneak into my safe one of these fine years.

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
Congratulations. A fine pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Good choice, Rocky. I've been carrying my P365XL exclusively since late last year. It's more accurate than me, shoots relatively softly, and carries well. As it stands now, this will probably do me for the rest of my years.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I've been liking my 365 more and more. No problems. I recently switched the P365 FCU over to a P365xl grip module. Seems easier to change the mags now for me.
I was always carrying the twelve round mag anyway.

Like the idea of being able to buy the SAS slide or XL slide if I want to sometime in the future.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I've been liking my 365 more and more. No problems. I recently switched the P365 FCU over to a P365xl grip module. Seems easier to change the mags now for me.
I was always carrying the twelve round mag anyway.

Like the idea of being able to buy the SAS slide or XL slide if I want to sometime in the future.

Did you purchase the grip module directly from Sig?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I picked up a new P365 XL nine days ago and will take it to the range tomorrow for its first outing. There's so much to like about the XL and I am excited to see how it runs.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not to mention the issues that a tiny ported firearm also brings: increased noise, debris from the ports during shooting and into the ports during carry, can't fire from within a pocket, on and on...
I am not a fan of porting , I would rather not have it . I does seem to get dirty quickly. I have not tried it a night yet.

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Porting has its place for some range and competition guns, but for me personally not CCW.
Me, too. I want two things in my carry guns; simplicity and reliability. A few other preferences, too but those two are tandamount.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I am not a fan of porting , I would rather not have it . I does seem to get dirty quickly. I have not tried it a night yet.
Gold Dots seem to have a lower flash, according to other Customers who have bought the SAS gun. Hope this may help. I have troubles utilizing the slide Catch/ release on the gun as well as the magazine Release. Either way, the Slingshot effect using the slide, after your mag change is better (YOU already know this but I was giving info to others who may be contemplating the gun) 👍 👍 👍 👍

1 - 20 of 28 Posts