Defensive Carry banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good to know , the mag release works for me , however being left handed and having small hands for easy operation.

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Good to know , the mag release works for me , however being left handed and having small hands for easy operation.
[/Q
I'm Left Handed BUT I shoot/Carry right handed. (watched too many westerns as a kid) I hope you post a thorough review of the little gun! Will make for a lot of consideration for others who wanna buy the little Sig! It feels good in my hands, but the sight pic of the Hellcat looks better to me ( Personal preference )
Looking Forward to you putting the gun thru it's paces!! Critical Defense ammo was reported as a no go by customers. Gold Dots, V Crowns, Win DPX and corbons worked well (according to Customers)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The bullseye sight is an interesting concept... i haven’t been able to shoot one yet, saw Sig just release the 938 SAS as well! Let us know what you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
BTW, those sights, found on your 365 SAS were developed from a similar type sight, dating way back. Paris Theadore, from Seven Trees, developed the Guttersnipe sight, found on the S&W model 39 variant ASP. Difference is, he used a triangular sighting system and NO front sight, and Sig has the Bullseye, with fiber optic tubes. VERY similar sight patterns indeed! ( I know LMAO, I'm just an Old Fart Dating myself here )

From Gun Digest Report on the P938SAS gun
: "Originally, the Flush-Mounted FT Bullseye Fiber-Tritium Night Sights were found on the Sig P365 SAS, though the system dates back further. The unorthodox sights, situated in the slide itself, are reminiscent of the gutter sight found on Paris Theodore’s ASP pistol and subsequent Israeli systems. No matter the origin, the aiming solution is about as low as you can go and proves surprisingly intuitive to use. As a bonus, it pops like a skyrocket in low light "

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Congrats on the P365! I really like mine, it came with 3 12 round mags plus a kydex holster. I don’t particularly care for the holster, but really like the gun. Every single ammo I have tried works with no hiccups at all, and seems softer shooting versus similar sized 9mm pistols, at least to me.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
BTW, those sights, found on your 365 SAS were developed from a similar type sight, dating way back. Paris Theadore, from Seven Trees, developed the Guttersnipe sight, found on the S&W model 39 variant ASP. Difference is, he used a triangular sighting system and NO front sight, and Sig has the Bullseye, with fiber optic tubes. VERY similar sight patterns indeed! ( I know LMAO, I'm just an Old Fart Dating myself here )

From Gun Digest Report on the P938SAS gun
: "Originally, the Flush-Mounted FT Bullseye Fiber-Tritium Night Sights were found on the Sig P365 SAS, though the system dates back further. The unorthodox sights, situated in the slide itself, are reminiscent of the gutter sight found on Paris Theodore’s ASP pistol and subsequent Israeli systems. No matter the origin, the aiming solution is about as low as you can go and proves surprisingly intuitive to use. As a bonus, it pops like a skyrocket in low light "
Good info. I am aware of the asp pistols, also was intrigued by Colts defender with the gutter cut sight slide and fiber optic sight.

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
74 Posts
Today I bought a p365 NRA edition. Came with 3 mags, 12 rd, 10rnd w/pinky extension and a 10 rd flat base. I live in Illinois so I can pick it up in 3 days.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Good info. I am aware of the asp pistols, also was intrigued by Colts defender with the gutter cut sight slide and fiber optic sight.
I have a Colt New Agent 45ACP. with the gutter cutout on the slide. I also have 2 ASPs that I bought around 1985.. One was purchased for 495.00 OTD.. the other has the knife and the book ... Either gun is HUGE money now..
I keep debating between the 365 and the Firecat (although the 'Cat't sights are better on my eyes) Both guns feel good in my hands)
Give us all a Range Report when you can!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts