Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my G27 Gen4 for a BNIB G22 Gen3. I wasnt a fan of the Gen3, and still dont like the mag release button, but it feels great in my hand. The G27 grip grew on me, and I loved that gun. Shot great, and carried even better. Having never owned/shot a full size Glock (Ive owned owned a G19 then a G27), a guy on a local FB gun trading group offered me a straight trade for a BNIB Gen3 22. I figured what the heck, and went ahead and did it.

Glad I did, it seems to carry under a light t-shirt with no issues, and isnt really any heavier than the G27. Going to the range Saturday, cant wait to crank a hundred rounds or so through it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice GLOCK. If you are happy, then we are happy!

I would have kept the G27, myself. I consider them a great concealed carry pistol. A lot harder to find locally than the G22s......

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Congrats on the trade! I personally like the full sized Glocks for carry. Of course, I am full-sized-guy myself, so I can conceal them without issue. Out of curiosity, what load are you planning on running through your G22?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now I have the Glaser Pow'R Ball. I think Im going to grab some Speer Gold Dots when I can find them.

Im a pretty big dude at 6'5, so carrying it doesnt seem bad. Havent really worn it except for the car ride home yet, then a bit around the house, but doesnt seem bad at all. Im sure it will be tougher than the 27, but that thing was so small, that quite a few times I woke up in the morning and found that I forgot to take it off before I went to bed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts