Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, everyone who knows me knows how I like my 44 mags. I think I found the perfect CC 44 mag. The S&W 69 2.75" bbl. I was able to go sight it in this morning. Looking into the morning sun was far from ideal but got the job done. Fun little gun, loaded with 200 grn Gold Dots over Win 296.
S&W69.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
A fine revolver. Congratulation!

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve got that one Bad Bob. I shoot Specials through it. Nice pick up but you can do the magnums in that one. It ain’t me babe.
I was shooting some 240 GRN reloads and then loaded up the 200's.... I felt those.....

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
Well, everyone who knows me knows how I like my 44 mags. I think I found the perfect CC 44 mag. The S&W 69 2.75" bbl. I was able to go sight it in this morning. Looking into the morning sun was far from ideal but got the job done. Fun little gun, loaded with 200 grn Gold Dots over Win 296. View attachment 332446
Very nice, very nice indeed, congrats!

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
What's the muzzle velocity of that load out of the 2.75" barrel?

I have a 29-10 .44 mag with a 6.5" barrel and it can be a handful! Curious about your load for carry.

Nice "little" gun!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wondering about your choice of W296 powder. As I recall can not use for light load and narrow window of charges that are safe. Also is it a good choice for short barrel?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I just picked up a 4" version of that a few months ago because I've been wanting a .44 and thought the 4 inch barrel would give a better range experience. I try not to buy any guns that I won't carry, but I also thought that if my first .44 experience was a "snubbie" that it might be my last .44...part of me wishes I had gotten the 2.75" because after shooting the 4"...I want to carry it. I've had a hard time finding an IWB holster for a 4" barrel version though.

·
Registered
Various
15,545 Posts
Very nice score!

My woods concealed carry revolver is a blue four-inch S&W 29-2.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Well, everyone who knows me knows how I like my 44 mags. I think I found the perfect CC 44 mag. The S&W 69 2.75" bbl. I was able to go sight it in this morning. Looking into the morning sun was far from ideal but got the job done. Fun little gun, loaded with 200 grn Gold Dots over Win 296. View attachment 332446
Can you say "fireball"? That H110/W296 really puts out a ball of fire, particularly out of such a short barrel!

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just picked up a 4" version of that a few months ago because I've been wanting a .44 and thought the 4 inch barrel would give a better range experience. I try not to buy any guns that I won't carry, but I also thought that if my first .44 experience was a "snubbie" that it might be my last .44...part of me wishes I had gotten the 2.75" because after shooting the 4"...I want to carry it. I've had a hard time finding an IWB holster for a 4" barrel version though.
Any L frame holster for a 4" will work. The barrel will poke out a bit.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wondering about your choice of W296 powder. As I recall can not use for light load and narrow window of charges that are safe. Also is it a good choice for short barrel?
The charge is a 1 grain variance with 296, I went light.🤣. It is probably better than 2400. I usually use titegroup for snubby loads. Almost a 3" barrel, not much flash in daylight........ But it sure gets your attention.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts