Defensive Carry banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Darn, I moved too soon, before Bad Bob started bringing .44s to the IDPA matches. I recall an older gentleman, retired airline pilot (former Navy pilot) who shot nothing but revolvers with Crimson Trace and full-bore .357 loads. Now, THAT got everyone's attention on the firing line. Quite often we'd quit the chitchat just to watch 'John' shoot the flamethrower.

I'll have to visit the S&W website to check out the model 69. I'm familiar with the 29s, having hunted whitetail deer with a 4" 629 and (later) a blued 4" 29 that came direct from the S&W Performance Center with a Mag-Na-Port job due to a series of coincidences that connected me to a fellow North Dakotan in their marketing department. I closed out my handgun hunting days with a short-barreled 629 called a Trail Boss, which was also ported. Still, no fun to shoot with full-power .44 magnum loads. Never did hit a deer with that gun and I had some fine opportunities.

Now that I think about it, some handloaded .44 Special velocity rounds would have made that gun a sweet self defense weapon and might have concealed well in a holster like Bad Bob's. And I know where Bad Bob lives there are plenty of opportunities to CC in an OWB holster under a few layers.

Sweet revolver, Bob. Are you going to sell anything to help finance it? Anything I should be aware of?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts