Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Just got my ccp a few days ago. Took 98 days from application to my door (very slow in parts of NC). I've lurked here since long before that. In case you were wondering, I carry a M&P 9 Compact in a N82 iwb tactical. I've always enjoyed reading this forum and I'm sure ill enjoy being part of it.

·
Super Moderator
18,175 Posts
Welcome from Goldsboro.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida

ret :31:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not at all. Guilford County. While we have a sheriff who truly supports the 2A, the demand is overwhelming. A buddy of mine just finished his class in Feb and the first appointment he could get at the sheriff's office was in May. I was ccp class to license in 110 days. Long wait but it's only getting worse.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Burke county is bad too. A buddy took the class a few weeks ago and his appointment to turn in his paperwork is May 8th. Which is actually better than the first appointment of June 8th. I'm glad I already have mine. And welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee! The "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin & Welcome to the world of the protected citizen!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow...I'm in the Durham area and I'm extremely glad that I took my class in September and applied for my permit in October. I just wish I had bought a pistol and ammo back then too.

Welcome to the forum this is a great place to be and that M&P 9c and N82 sounds like a great setup!

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow...I'm in the Durham area and I'm extremely glad that I took my class in September and applied for my permit in October. I just wish I had bought a pistol and ammo back then too.

Welcome to the forum this is a great place to be and that M&P 9c and N82 sounds like a great setup!
I do like my setup. I'm a smaller guy 5' 6" and 145. I wear a suit and tie to work 5 days a week and wear at 3:00 to 4:00. Shirt naturally falls over gun and jacket of course covers everything. It's less comfortable with jeans though, which may be due to them being too tight to carry iwb. I'm concerned about the summer though and printing since I wear smaller shirts. Although, nc is open carry so if it prints a little, so be it. My father also has his ccp and he can't tell when I carry so far especially in my suit. There's a small group of firearm enthusiasts at my job (all with ccp) and we bounce carry opinions off one another a lot. The boss lets the guys in the back open carry. I never asked about CC. Don't imagine I will.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 25 Posts