Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kudos to Don Hume. I just needed an inexpensive concealment holster for my XDsc. Yeah, I'd sure like one of Rocky's PKs, but living on SS doesn't allow it.
I have heard nothing but good about Hume so thought I'd check them out. Went to the website and found the 715 on SALE for $21. Ordered on Thursday night and it was in my mailbox on Monday! Great service.
H715-M W.C. BROWN RIGHT HAND [H715-M] - $20.51 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.
Great fit and finish, really a better holster than I thought I would get. I'm using the appendix carry and it disappears, is comfortable all day. Next will be the 721.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I stumbled upon this site somehow and have been reading lots of threads but hadn't bothered to register for an account until I saw your post Censored. Just wanted to say that I have been carrying this same rig (LH, IWB, appendix) for the past few months. I have found the appendix carry to be the most comfortable overall although I might get another one of these in the opposite hand configuration for small of back carry since the grip is flipped in that position. The issue I have with appendix carry is that I've got a belly, not huge but protruding nonetheless. On the XDsc I have found that the squared slide and hard sights tend to dig in when I'm in a sitting/driving position and I can't always find a comfortable position for it. I know the solution is to do something about the belly but the wife's cooking is just so damn good. :hand10: Not sure if you've noticed this or have this same issue. Just thought I'd mention it in hopes that you might know a solution.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Welcome SentryOne!

I carry an XD9sc in a Crossbreed Supertuck which has a genereous piece of leather between me and the gun, very confortable.

Censored, congrats on the new holster!

·
Registered
55 Posts
:comeandgetsome:For the most comfort, I would recommend that as you get into car take pistol out and depending on what your seat system is put a kydex holster wedged between seat and have it positioned to get to while seated. As you exit or before opening door lean forward reshoe and exit vehicle. Why be uncomfortable having a pistol poke on you while driving. Furthurmore when you are seat belted in and sitting down I think you would be very limited in trying to draw your weapon.

I'm not trying to be a smartA**, just food for thought.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Only YOU can decide what works for you...not a bad looking holster.
Congrats!:hand10:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Good for you! I wore my Don Hume holster appendix style this past Friday with the G23.

·
Registered
36 Posts
:comeandgetsome:For the most comfort, I would recommend that as you get into car take pistol out and depending on what your seat system is put a kydex holster wedged between seat and have it positioned to get to while seated. As you exit or before opening door lean forward reshoe and exit vehicle. Why be uncomfortable having a pistol poke on you while driving. Furthurmore when you are seat belted in and sitting down I think you would be very limited in trying to draw your weapon.

I'm not trying to be a smartA**, just food for thought.
That's a good suggestion. I've slipped either the whole rig or the piece itself into a storage compartment that's pretty accessible but I think I now have a use for the original XDGear holster if I can come up with a way to securely mount it for accessibility. Thanks SR :hand10:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Glad you found something that works for you. I have a couple of Don Hume holsters and they are an excellent off the shelf holster for the price...

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
For a production holster, Don Hume has always been first rate!

I've had at least 2 or 3 of them and they have served me well!

I think you got a great deal on that one! :hand10:

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I have on a very old Don Hume for 1911 right now. I seldom carry my Delta Elite and don't know why picked it today. Very Comfortable, holster still holding up well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good choice I have several Don Hume holsters and love them all, different holsters for different needs (wheather, dress, gun,) can't have to many.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have two Don Hume holsters just like yours - one for my 1911's and one for my Berretta. I paid $27.00 each for mine and I consider them a steal. A good product for a minimum price. I carry mine in back just forward of my back pocket. If not wearing my shoulder holster, I am wearing my Don Hume. Great holster.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
A rig that is comfortable, holds the gun securely, and otherwise suits you. What else is a holster supposed to do? One might get a fancier rig, but what else could it do?
Glad you found the rig that suits you.
Enjoy.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
454 Posts
Glad you are satisfied. I have a number of Hume IWB and belt slide holsters that I still use. Good value.
Check gunnersalley, they have Hume products several dollars cheaper than Hume's site.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i'm crazy about the don hume 715 and currently carry a pt111 and g19 @ 4-5:00 in one...very comfortable and stable for a single clip iwb...and the price cant be beat...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts