Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Looks nice, really been thinking about one of these for summer carry. How do you like it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks nice, really been thinking about one of these for summer carry. How do you like it?
I'm quite impressed so far. It actually shoots well and I have had no issues with it. The recoil is a bit sharp but, I shoot .45ACP anyway so it's no big deal. You do need to have a firm grip on it - my neighbor (he's not a gun person) tried it and about hit himself in the head. But even with his "limp wrist", the XDS still ejected and went into battery just fine.

Mike :biggrin2:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got mine in Januuary. I put Trijicon HD night sights, PRP grips, PRP trigger kit, and Pearce grip extension. This setup is just perfect for me. Oh yah and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ rear slide plate installed for good measure ;)
Looks good! I'm thinking about some grips for it, either PRP or Talons. I'm curious, how much of a difference did it make for you with the trigger kit?

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
I just picked one up last week and it is flawless with 75 rounds of mixed ammo through it. I view my guns as tools and not into accessorizing them to look cool or pretty. :) I normally will just put some skateboard tape on the grip if it is slick and a Pearce Grip extension on one of my magazines so I have the option to use it or not depending on my needs. With the XDs I bought the rubber Talon grip decals and they are great. Easy to put on and after heating them with a hair dryer they just melted into the little grooves of the grip and gave me a nice slip free soft feeling grip. They do not interfere with my shirt or pocket as so many say without actually trying rubber grips. I have rubber grips on most of my guns and I never have had my shirt getting stuck on them, ever, and I live in humid Florida. :)

The Pearce grip extension is also very good on this gun. I have carried it on my belt and in my pocket with it on with no problem. That is all I will do to this gun. It does not need anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Worst thing I ever did ( with guns) was to trade off my XD9SC and can't wait to rectify the situation. Isn't it "strange" that Springfield Armory gun lovers never seem to have to put down owners of other make handguns to get across how much they (we) love their chosen brand!? Unlike some brand lovers , said brand to remain nameless!.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Great looking carry gun! I am a fan of the XD's and have owned my share of them in the past. Congrats!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks good! I'm thinking about some grips for it, either PRP or Talons. I'm curious, how much of a difference did it make for you with the trigger kit?

The Pearce grip extension and trigger kit were the best mods for this guy for me. It significantly helped my aim and grouping.

·
Banned
455 Posts
I bought the XDS,this past Dec.I love it.The only thing,i had to do was get the 7rd mag.I have big hands and when i griped it,my pinkie would rest on the bottom of the mag.I have more than enough room now with the 7rd.Congrats.I hope you enjoy yours,as much as i've have mine.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Worst thing I ever did ( with guns) was to trade off my XD9SC and can't wait to rectify the situation. Isn't it "strange" that Springfield Armory gun lovers never seem to have to put down owners of other make handguns to get across how much they (we) love their chosen brand!? Unlike some brand lovers , said brand to remain nameless!.:rolleyes:
I don't find that True. I'm not a brand lover. I buy what I like. But I frequent the "areas" where there are lovers...All the same to me if theres enough of them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm at 1000 rounds or so with my XDs45 and I have the perfect holster. I just need a better confirmation of which night sights actually fit perfectly, not hanging off the back etc. Not sure what Springfield was thinking with the competition style day sights for a carry gun but I always love their guns after you modify them with the parts they should have came with in the first place. Although for carry I'd be afraid to put a hot trigger in. I like the take up and reset on this one fine for strictly close combat personal protection. I need to get the grip tape and when magazine prices come back down to sane levels I'd like to buy a couple of extended ones. Glad to see so many others having good luck and offering good advice.

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
The only thing I dId to my XDS was get it a few good holsters to carry it in. It gets pocket carried a lot and IWB some. Hardly any recoil that was what susprized me abt the XDS45.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all your replies guys! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who likes the XDS. I'm still wanting to get more trigger time on it before I even think about changing anything. I've got a White Hat holster on order for it and will probably invest in a 7 round magazine for a spare. With 5 + 1 in the gun, that will give me 13 rounds of .45ACP.

·
Premium Member
9,531 Posts
Looks great, but it's missing a revolving cylinder and a hammer!

Seriously, a friend of mine has this gun and I find it very impressive.

Reactions: drift
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.