Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at this little gun today and really liked its features,small j-frame size,really light like 13oz,is +p rated and surprisingly it had very good fit and finish and the trigger wasn't bad at all. I tried a search but didn't find much on this particular model,but the new charters seem nicely made and I read a lot of good things about the newer ones.

Its at my LGS and is brand new price is $285 ORD and I'm considering it as a cheap pocket summer carry gun. Here is a link from charters website
Charter Off Duty #53811
any opinion from owners here would be great thanks.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
i don't have any charter guns at this time,,,, but i have had some of the older ones. they are not bad,, they will get the job done. the newer ones are made better than the older ones. i am looking for the southpaw for the wife. the price is very good, i have not seen one that low. so,,,get it and have fun.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Charter Arms makes a decent product. I believe they had a couple financial problems, but they keep making a come back.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
My wife has the Undercover Southpaw and it's a good little gun.

If I was looking for a snuby, I'd look at Charter Arms. Good price, decent quality, why not?

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Don't have one, but it looks like a well made snubby...With a full underlug barrel it looks pretty stout... I'd say go for it, at $285 it sounds like a great deal to me...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've been "packing" a 1991-vintage .44 caliber Charter Arms Bulldog, in stainless steel (with a 3" barrel) for a number of years. The little revolver carries a "healthy" punch and dissapears in a shoulder holster beneath my sportcoat.

200-grain GDHP ammunition keeps it both effective and controllable.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I like 'em. I'm considering one when I get the Taurus 85UL back from the factory and can sell it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have an Off Duty along with a few other Charters. I am really pleased with them. I even sent off the Off Duty to get the front sight milled off and replaced with an XS front night sight. Also had the trigger jeweled and polished. Add a clip draw, and a few speed strips, and this gun gets the nod a lot in the summer, or when I am out walking the dogs or wearing athletic apparel and can't lug around a heavier gun. I recently posted some pics on the other Charter threads going right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts