Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one of these at SHOT last year as a freebee from Mr Garth Choate himself. I had forgotten about it until this morning when I actually had a bit of frost on my windshield. I usually see frost at least one day every winter, and with the Blizzard of 2009 in full force here in Daytona Beach FL today was the day. I pulled back my wooly cap, tucked a few fingers out of the sleeve of my jacket and sweatshirt (and long sleeve t shirt and Underarmor undershirt) and scraped off enough frost to get rolling down the road. I think I was lucky to survive the 40 degree temps.

All kidding aside, this is an excellent car tool. Much more effective than the little executive version (used to be called "20 stitches") and with neat features like a window breaker and seatbelt cutter built in. And it for sure won't slip out of your hands if it gets into some tough ice on your window.

Choate tool:
CHOATE Machine & Tool, Inc. - Car Rescue Tool
The original Ice Scraper:
CHOATE Machine & Tool, Inc. - Executive Ice Scraper
Daytona Beach Weather:wave:
Daily Weather Forecast for Daytona Beach, FL (32115) - weather.com

Thank you Mr. Choate, a free review in thanks for the free tool. Better go get my hat, high tomorrow is only 66.

·
Super Moderator
24,465 Posts
Nice Tool

I think I was lucky to survive the 40 degree temps.
Methinks so........it was -5 here this AM...............:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice tools, too. Mine have snow brushes too. :gah::gah::gah:

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I'll take a blizzard over sweaty underwear any day.

(Sorry!)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Does that work with 14" of snow on your car?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If there is 14" of snow outside, I believe I'd stay inside. You did get your Rum and Coke stockpile in early, right?

I have seen a snow brush before, no this tool doesn't have one. I think it's best called a "tool, wink wink" An improvised weapon, or maybe a purpose built weapon with a utility purpose. A good gift for the non-CCW folks on your list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts