Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have added a script that will allow our members to post photos for linking in forums (both ours and others) in categories that loosely match our forum categories. They will be posted in a directory (in each category) under your member name. The URL to the photo is provided so you can cut and paste.

The moderators have helped me test the script for a couple of weeks without a problem. If you have any problems, please let me know so I can get it corrected. Enjoy! :smile:

CombatCarry Picture Host

In a day or two I will have the URL to the Gallery in the dark blue navigation bar above.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have changed the Gallery by removing categories tied to the forum categories. After thinking about it for awhile, it just didn't seem to be necessary. Now all photos will be posted under your member name. The Gallery link now appears in the navigation bar.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Useful idea Bumper. To help not using the forum bandwidth I will usually post pics from one of my own servers but this could be handy too for archiving some of the more special pics.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't worry too much about the bandwidth, just use it when you need it. I actually started to host it on one of my other servers but this one has more bandwidth than all of the rest combined. :wink:

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Leading Question

Wait...Does this mean that forum members that have digital photos (stored and saved in their computer) but never had any place to upload those photos TO...will NOW just be able upload those photos directly to the new CombatCarry.com photo hosting service and then other forum members WILL THEN actually be able to see those wonderful photos of their firearms and other neat stuff that they have never been previously able to see before???
And is it REALLY EASY to do???
Like just clicking on the "Gallery" block up there & then clicking on the "Upload" block & then clicking on "Browse" which will let them choose what area of their home computer their picture is stored in....and then they can simply "double click" that selected picture icon....and then add a bit of information about that picture & it will then (like magic) be transferred right into the CombatCarry "Gallery Of Fine Photos" ~
That is really neat! And...shouldn't everybody at least try it?
And shouldn't EVERYBODY at least just click on that Galley block to see Bumper's nice "Kick A$$" NIGHTHAWK ENFORCER pics?
Just Wondering? :confused:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uhhh, :yeah: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, I sure was on that one, wasn't I? :tongue:

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Tried a search, didn't find anything. Is there any way I can edit the pics I put in the gallery? I would like to enter a description of the pics but forgot to before they were uploaded. Is there a way to delete them so I can start over one by one or go somewhere to edit them? Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just tried it out and it works great. Thanks to all!

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
freakshow10mm said:
Tried a search, didn't find anything. Is there any way I can edit the pics I put in the gallery? I would like to enter a description of the pics but forgot to before they were uploaded. Is there a way to delete them so I can start over one by one or go somewhere to edit them? Thanks.
Just display the image you want to edit and then click the "Image Tools" drop box on the right side. You should be able to edit, delete, rotate, flip and make a number of other changes to your pictures. Each person's pictures goes into their own "area". Let me know if you have any more problems. :smile:

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
All is ok. Thanks for your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.