Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a conversation with a friend of mine and he mentioned his brother had a pistol he has owned for three years and barely shot. Made a phone call and chatted up with said brother. He said he bought it on a whim and really has no fun shooting at all.(Oh the horrors!! :biggrin: )

Pistol is absolutely pristine and he said he put 2 full mags through it the day he bought it, cleaned it and put it away until today when he sold it to me.

Walked away with a like new Sig P228 in 9MM with 2 13 round mags for $350.00. I'm off to the range with the P99, P99C, Baby Desert Eagle, and the new Sig. 9MM day at the range!!!

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Great buy! Let us know how she shoots. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
great buy, have fun.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
GREAT DEAL ya got there!! They sell used for around 575.00 to 650.00
I'm jealous....wait........no i'm not, cuz I LOVE hearing about people who get a reat deal on their weapons.....Hope it brings you lots of good shooting.....

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Great deal - but add me to the hate list!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Deals like that make me feel sick...'cause they never happen to me. :biggrin:

Enjoy your new toy. :smile:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Add me to the nice job, hate you list.

Years ago, a friend of mine and I went to a gun show in LA, Ca. because of a screw up by the seller and enthusiasm for finding the guns my friend wound up with a 6" nickel Python and a MOD 66 Smith 4" for the tidy sum of $30.00 cash. The guy collected $15 for each guns transfer fees. He then did all the paper work (you know 30minutes later) he hands my friend all receipts stating paid in full. We all shook hands and merrily went on our way.
We truly didn't notice it until we were home and he emptied his pocket, then calls me on the phone as asks why he has so much cash still. 15 days later he picked up his 2 guns at the local FFL.

I hate HIM too.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Range report

Well, I put about 250 rounds through it yesterday. Shoots where you point it, no malfunctions, no hiccups.
Gonna take some getting used to as I'm a lefty. Probably not an everyday carry as the ergos are a little weirded for me, but a good shooter. Might be up for sale if I can't get comfortable with it.

I'll keep everybody posted if I decide to sell it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have you checked the serial number in a stolen gun data base yet ! There always got to be a smart ass in the group UH ! Nice buy

·
Super Moderator
13,097 Posts
Great buy on a great gun! You did good!

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
I'll give ya what you paid for it...<JK>...LMAO.......I'm a lefty, but shoot righty..........Ya best hang on to it, cuz you'll never find a buy like that one, on the P228, again..

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I don't even particularly like Sigs, and I'm jealous.

Good job.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts