Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up this weekend and want to get it into the rotation.

If you have carried one of these, what is your favorite IWB or OWB holster?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congrats, I love mine !

IWB --- Bear Creek Holsters call them his name is Doug

OWB

Custom Made Colt 1911 3 1 2 inch Officers Slide Holster | eBay

The OWB is made by Clament Custom Leather, and I have my Defender in it, on my belt as I type this.

The Defender carries well both OWB and IWB.
On a personal note, I'm not a fan of the leather/kydex IWB hybrids.
I dont like having a 1/2 sq ft of leather in my pants in the Florida climate.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I carry a Kimber ultra carry in a Bianchi OWB holster in winter and just ordered a FoxX hybrid from foxx holsters. Very similar to crossbreed at an excellent price. Both worth a look depending on how you plan to carry. I have yet to try out the foxx hybrid, but after using a crossbreed for a revolver I like the hybrids a lot now. The Bianchi I got has a more aggressive cant forward. In addition, I just got off the phone with foxx and their turnaround for holsters right now is less than a week. Best of luck and congratulations on the new gun
Bianchi Leather Holsters, Concealment Holsters, Duty Holsters and Duty Gear - Model 58 P.I.?
Hybrids for 1911's

·
Registered
256 Posts
I actually like the Bianchi model 100 pro for my Defender. Have a Tucker Heritage and several other customs, but always go back to the 100 pro.

·
Registered
936 Posts
SHTF, great price, comfortable, and quick delivery only downfall was a little squeaky when I first started wearing it Colt with shtf holster.jpg

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Kramer horsehide belt scabbard

I have a Colt Defender and use the Kramer horsehide belt scabbard, an OWB holster that goes behind the right hip. This holster holds the gun high and tight, only extending a short distance below the belt line. Horsehide is a thin, stiff, strong leather that seems perfect for holsters.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Congrats on a fine purchase! That is a really nice looking Colt.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
KUDOS

Sweet looking addition!

Checkout Cobra Gunskin for a holster. I've seen these at three of the LGShows within my area and they are very well made. The X2 is made of fine thick leather and the clip is strong spring-metal. They were $28.00 a very good price for the excellent quality.

Let us know how it shoots for you :scratchchin:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Pure Kustom makes holsters for that size. Outstanding holsters, I have a commander 1911 in one on my belt right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts