Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is finally here!. My new Desantis holster arrived in the mail. In fact I have it strapped to my hip while I walk around at home to break it in. I don't have my CCW yet; I take the required class on Saturday and then turn my stuff in on Monday.

It is a Desantis holster custom designed for my weapon. Its techincally called a scabbard and you can order it with or without a thumb break. Mine came with it. The holster fits tightly and rids higher than many holsters which is nice because then I don't have to wear shirts down to my knees. It has a compact feel and fits close to your side. It snugs up against my body but is still comfortable.

It squeaks quite a bit yet but I imagine that is due to the leather being stiff in places where it will break in.

It is a great brand of holster for those of you looking to spend more than 20 but less than 60. I highly recommend it.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Sounds like you're satisfied with your holster. That's the bottom line. DeSantis has a generally good reputation in the holster industry. I have one for my S&W M60. I like it, although I don't wear that often.

But are you going to tell us what model holster you have and what gun it's for? Inquiring minds want to know!:smile:

Finally, before somebody beats me to it:

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES! :image035:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Hey, happy to hear you're satisfied with your holster. Be warned, youu'll soon be ordering another, and another, and so on - just like the rest of us! :wink:
As I recall, you bought the Sig P239 in .40 S&W (or was it 9mm)? Did you order a magazine pouch with the holster? Most folks (myself included) carry a spare mag more for the possibility of a mag related failure than because they/we think we'll need more than one mag full of ammo. Just something to consider.

Again, glad you've got a set up you're happy with, it makes carrying so much easier when you're comfortable doing it.
Jack

·
Super Moderator
23,581 Posts
Nice to hear from you, Cali! Glad your holster is what you wanted - it seems that a thread around here the last two months or so addressed holster "squeak" and some possible solutions. I can't remember them (maybe one involved baby powder?) but you might try a quick search and see what pops up.

Ummmm....here's one of them:

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3862&highlight=squeak

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I like Desantis....I own several of their holsters....my favorite being an older version of the Cozy Partner IWB holster for my Beretta 92/96-series guns.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have a DeSantis nemesis. Its a dandy...

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
...I must be the only Desantis Nemesis owner that has a Nemesis that refuses to stay put in my pocket....the "stickiness" of the holster ain't all that sticky so whenever I draw the gun (I'm careful not to press my trigger finger against the holster), the holster comes up with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts