Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to attend a gun show...never been to one. I know they are not offered in RI/MA....but NH/VT are not that out of my way. Anybody have any info on upcoming shows in this area? What are rules for out of state attendence? Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Bill, NRA posts a regional list of gun shows. You can check the New England region by clicking on the map at this page:

http://www.nrapublications.org/regionals/Index.asp

The rules at gun show are pretty much what they are for shopping at an out of state gun shop. If you want to buy you will need a signed copy of your local FFL's license. The signature has to be original, copies not accepted. You would only be able to buy from a dealer. Most individuals who set up at gun shows will immediately ask for your drivers license. He must check to see that you are a resident. If you found an individual who had something you could not live without he could have a dealer ship it to your FFL just like you would do if you bought a firearm from an individual on a bid site. Hope this helps.

BTW, the NRA site will only indicate shows during the month of May. Their latest magazines will show June shows. If you are not a member, you might check with someone who is to find out about next month. I already have my June show scheduled.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
There was a gun show in Springfield, MA at the Big E last winter.
Check their website for future scheduled events.

- Janq

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
you show up.
you pay your admission.
you go inside.
you spend lots of $$ buying stuff.
you go home and explain that you didn't have any selfcontrol.

AFS

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Wjp9, most of the NE gun shows never show up in the NRA or other online lists of shows.

DiPrete runs some decent shows in the upper 3 NE States. www.dipromo.com

Carole runs shows in NY, NJ, MA and CT. She doesn't believe in Email or the Internet, so it's difficult to find them listed anywhere but a few websites run by gun folks. We try to keep up with them on the www.northeastshooters.com gun show forum. Her shows are advertised in Gun List and Shotgun News however.

MGLs actually prohibit any non-resident (of MA) from buying ammo or long guns in MA. However, those that sell at gun shows in MA never ask for a MA LTC/FID (required to buy/possess guns, ammo, components, or mags) and will sell ammo, components and mags to anyone with green in their hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts