Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Interesting... I may have to consider one of those...

·
Registered
941 Posts
So is that like night sights, or is it just fiber optic, as in it will be easier to pick up than a black sight.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Looks like the front sight I have on my Ruger 22/45. The fiber optic insert just has a friction fit and has a tendency to loosen and fly off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is that like night sights, or is it just fiber optic, as in it will be easier to pick up than a black sight.
A fiber optic. They are quite a bit easier to pick up for me. I put Dawson F.O.'s on a couple of my 1911's and shoot plates with them. I like them a lot!

They are friction fit on 1911's with a dovetail and I had to fit mine. They give you plenty of material to work with and, with judicious filing/sanding, a very tight, friction fit can be attained. I also used blue "Loctite". I have several thousand rounds through a couple of 1911's with these sights and they haven't moved.

But, the CW sights will not be friction fit due to the style of front sight. I don't know what method they use but I would guess that the "pins" on the sight would need to be staked in a similar manner to a plunger tube assembly on a 1911. No dovetail in the slide on the CW series front sight.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I can't believe there are not night sights available for the CW series yet. Staked sights are nothing new. Hell, Glocks come from the factory with staked front sights and there are many night sight options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts