Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nathan Khol is currently serving our country, I met him in a blade and combatives training group. He builds some pretty interesting defensive oriented blades and has a unique business model, which is solidly underground, like much of the serious blade instruction.

Since he isn’t mass producing and doesn’t take orders, you can only get his knives by drop, and most drop one or two at a time in a private group that is invitation only. I know, painful.

I happened to be fixing a weekly sales spreadsheet my boss wasn’t happy with very late Friday night when I noticed a post hit a group I’m in.

It was basically a picture of the blade, with the heading: ”20 minute time limit, the trade offer I like the most gets it, if I don’t see a trade I want, first I’ll take it can make a cash offer.”

I posted a picture of a ZT0560 that I have had sitting around for years, I mostly carry fixed, and a YOII as my folder.

Nathan instantly replied done. He had wanted a ZT for awhile.

This is his SKK, double edge (Serial Killer Killer) in a deep purple cord wrap with sugar skull kydex. He has interesting names for his blades and an interesting style, many of his knives feature very bright color wraps and some are works of art in very unique steel.

The neutral handle shape works equally well forward or reverse grip, in or out, being double edge it cuts in every direction.

Natural material Animal product Feather Wood Grass

Road surface Plant Asphalt Grey Wall

Plant Insect Arthropod Terrestrial plant Caterpillar

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
OH MAN! I LOVE THAT! And I'm not that big a fan of the color purple. THAT BLADE!! :p :p I've not really mentioned it here, "but I LOVE knives"! Like surprise, surprise,.......right? AWESOME score, Matt. :love: (his other blades are cool, too)

• Haha
Reactions: matthew03

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH MAN! I LOVE THAT! And I'm not that big a fan of the color purple. THAT BLADE!! :p :p I've not really mentioned it here, "but I LOVE knives"! Like surprise, surprise,.......right? AWESOME score, Matt. :love: (his other blades are cool, too)
I was worried I wouldn’t like the purple, but it’s super dark like a port wine color.

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
I'm curious about a couple things. Are his blades acid etched? That's different.
And the skull sheath, is it printed in the flat kydex?
Your blade is not my style but its well done. And his other blades have some interesting features. Congrats DR

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Something was bothering me about those images of the Sugar Skull Kydex sheath.

I finally figured out that the top sheath has a skull facing the 3rd and 4th rivets but the bottom sheath images doesn't have a skull like that.

Are those two different sheaths? That seems the only thing that makes sense.

Anyway, nice knife and I like the sheath as well as the purple corded grip on the knife. Congratulations.

Reactions: matthew03

·
Premium Member
8,232 Posts
Nice. Street fighter blades.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'm curious about a couple things. Are his blades acid etched? That's different.
And the skull sheath, is it printed in the flat kydex?
Your blade is not my style but its well done. And his other blades have some interesting features. Congrats DR
I believe some are acid etched others are forged.
Printed on the Kydex, just like the more common carbon fiber print. Typically intricate prints on Kydex are expensive and sold in smaller sections, that’s why you don’t see bigger holster companies offer it. They buy in bulk, and stocking tons of different colors was a pain in the butt.

When I was bending Kydex I started with carbon fiber, black, fde, and gray. I eventually only offered black and gray, just too much to track for a one man shop.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts