Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
If I was buying and going by profiles from the pics - #3 would appeal to me. Extra usefulness of the pistol grip - plus as they all seem to have, a good mag extension.

Slightly soured tho maybe by our quite recent tale of very poor service from Rem.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ben - Bud is I think referring to a recent bit of feedback we had here, where a rifle trigger problem was being badly dealt with by one of Rem's customer service people.

It was not indicative of the sort of service one would expect and hope for from a company of such size. That was only a solitary case example of course but enough to help sour one's confidence!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Thank you Chris, I am not sure how I missed the thread when it was originally posted.

I was not aware of this and will now think twice before purchasing another remington product.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Yeah...I know everything is "Tactical" these days but, these look nicely thought out.
I never thought I'd miss the days when everything was combat this and combat that. :tongue:

The Remmies look very good to me.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've got the 870 covered but the 1100 looks really cool. I'd love to see one with the 22" and 4 shot extension.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm kinda surprised they didn't use the 11-87, but that 1100 is sweet!

OTOH, what's up with the current trend of hanging a collapsible M4 stock on everything and calling it the "tactical" model. Not saying that's the only mod on these shotties, just another example. There's a picture of a single-shot handi rifle around here somewhere with the M4 stock and a Surefire. I just think it gets a little silly...:confused:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yeah I prefer the standard style stock on my shotguns. Except Mesa Tactical's AR adapters for 870s and 500s, those are some great stocks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Ar style stock is a Knoxx stock which has arecoil reducer built into it. I have the folding version and it works !!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I saw one of the 870s with the SpecOps stock. It looked really nice for $575.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I plan on adding a Remington shotgun this year to my collection.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I personally like older 870's before they started using plastic for the trigger guard. I bought a 1979 Wingmaster that had a 18" barrel with rifle sights and an extended mag. I've since had it coated in OD green and added Knoxx Compstock. It fit's my needs perfectly and it looks very similar to the one's they're making now.

I know the Police versions use all steel and if I were to go the new route I'd get a police version with Ghost Ring sights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts