Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duh! I just noticed the new forum header graphic. Unless I'm losing my mind (a distinct possibility), it wasn't up there yesterday.

Is this Betty's design, and is that her behind the shotgun?

I like it. :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Yes and yes!! :smile: Nice eh - makes a change and while I am not that keen on change (for change's sake) this does make a nice variation on the CC theme.

Kudos to Betty here. :banana:

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
nice looking banner.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I'll be designing some more to rotate every few months or so. That's a Kahr K40, a Remington 11-87P, and a Colt Cobra.

Bumper, is there any way to center the graphic?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Betty,
I guess you remebered the thread a few months back about "what gun is that in the banner." and you've beaten us all to asking!!

It looks great..

--Jim

·
Registered
310 Posts
Very nice job, Betty!

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
firefighter4884 said:
Betty,
I guess you remebered the thread a few months back about "what gun is that in the banner." and you've beaten us all to asking!!

It looks great..

--Jim
If I remember we did finally identify the gun as a SIG (229?), the big question was the holster. :confused:

·
Registered
271 Posts
?????????
I don't see it? :confused:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Fjol' - do me a favor ... go to the old banner and right click and look at properties - copy what it shows as a URL - that way I can know the image filename.

Save that for me so you can post it here. The new URL for new pic is -

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/images/misc/ccwheader.gif

Once done that - check you have refreshed page and maybe clear your cache too. A few folks have had this prob. Could be filename is same and old one been overwritten.

Also as QK found - check in your browser settings and select the option that makes browser check for latest version of stuff.

Then maybe log out - back in - fire up browser and hopefully - new banner.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Betty said:
I'll be designing some more to rotate every few months or so. That's a Kahr K40, a Remington 11-87P, and a Colt Cobra.

Bumper, is there any way to center the graphic?
Yeah, I think I can edit the template and center it. I will see if I can get it done... :wink:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
I renamed the new banner graphic to be the same as the old one to make it easier to accomplish. I don't like putzing around in the template to change a filename unless I have to. Flush your cache and you should see the new graphic.....

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Randy - that image should center by enclosing the img src stuff in <center> and </center>

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, it's fixed now. I refreshed the window when I reopened it on this thread, and that took care of it.
Chris, I didn't see your post about copying the url, obviously until I refreshed. sorry.
Cool banner.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
No prob's Fjol' - I now know Betty used same filename - made it easier for her that way. Glad it now shows.

·
Administrator
143,816 Posts
Betty is the Guru Goddess Of Great Gun Graphics.
:schild42:

:star:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.