Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably should have posted here first and introduced myself. I am a new gun owner and am looking to get my CCW in the next couple of weeks. I am a Deputy DA and handle a variety of cases. I do a lot of gang stuff and that is the primary reason I purchased a gun and am planning on getting a CCW.

I bought a Sig Sauer 239 .40 (it came with the .357 barrel too). I talked to a lot of cops and tried out several before deciding which pistol to get. I also looked on this site as to what people were saying about the 239. I was not interested in revolvers and preferred both the look and feel of a semi-auto.

I chose the 239 because most of the other pistols small enough for a CCW were too small. I couldn't get all my fingers on them. I also wanted something more than a .380. I like how the 239 is small but still feels like a real pistol that I could get my hands around.

·
Super Moderator
25,602 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Be sure and check out that 357 SIG barrel since you got both, I've heard great reports on the SIG forum about the 239 in 357.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome - :smilez:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Great to have you join our group. I am a former Californian
Mike

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho, also a former Californian

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome

Welcome, ahh another Kalifornian.....Good luck on getting your CCW.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome Cali-DA! I currently reside in south Orange County, when you learn the secret of obtaining a CCW in CA, please share the wealth! hahahaha By the way, ... your .357 barrelled Sig will probably become a staple in your concealed carry - great round !

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Divided State

Thanks for the welcome. I live in a more rural conservative county. Southern California is the way it is but the Central Valley (i.e. Redding down through Fresno and Bakersfield) tends to be more conservative. That is just my impression. Knowing most of the sheriff's department and police force as a DA helps too.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Welcome to the Form DA, glad to have ya'. Considering your work I'd say CCW is a very wise decision on your part. Great choice in weapons BTW, be sure to let us know how you like it after a few trips to the firing range.
Jack

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I won't point fingers, but I know of a 21 year old that has his CCW in Orange County. If he identifies himself, he could tell you what you need to do.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
DA - belated welcome here from me too :smilez:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.