Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we finally kinda have a ccw in the works so I guess I should start looking at options.

I'm a God fearing family man, married going on 18 yrs, we have 2 boys (4 & 12), love the outdoors & I'm just a blue collar fella trying to take care of his family.

Thanks for having me!

Kirk

Tappin' from my Galaxy S3

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee........the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff!"

Reactions: Stormstaff

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Thank you for the welcome and thank you for your service! :35:
Thank you. Glad to see you all are getting CCW in some form up there. Hope things continue to go well for you and everyone else there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. Glad to see you all are getting CCW in some form up there. Hope things continue to go well for you and everyone else there.
Thanks. By the way, I love your state from what I've seen of it. Wish I could convince the family to move (and find work of course, hehe)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome, Storm! You'll find this place to be full of great folks with great info. I'm in the same boat as you trying to figure out what I want to carry and how for when the CCW's finally start getting issued. :danceban:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome, Storm! You'll find this place to be full of great folks with great info. I'm in the same boat as you trying to figure out what I want to carry and how for when the CCW's finally start getting issued. :danceban:
The only choices I have right now and probably for quite some time due to lack of cash is a full size 1911 (SA Loaded) and a Ruger P94F 9mm (I think. Got it when my stepdad passed away)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats to all you citizens of Illinois.

As I understand it you're gonna have to wait about 6 months for the ISP and some other folks to set up the red tape, so hang in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats to all you citizens of Illinois.

As I understand it you're gonna have to wait about 6 months for the ISP and some other folks to set up the red tape, so hang in there.
I thought I heard something about a lawsuit being filed or something that is trying to speed up the process but I haven't researched it yet to see if it's true or false

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, Kirk! I sincerely hope the wait to initialize your CC law doesn't drag on. How much do you want to bet that licensing will go at a snail's pace? I heard they weren't going to hire any new people to take care of that. I wonder if a gun club could volunteer to help out. That would probably be nixed before the thought is even finished. If nothing else the union would scream.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Welcome from Alabama

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Congrats on finally getting something you were entitled to all along. Hope Illinois legislators see the light and allow carry in more places. Their fear of 'blood running in the streets' will be unfounded, at least from CCW carriers. They should be more afraid of the blood already running in the streets of Chicago and allow law-abiding citizens to fully exercise their right to self-defense.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Welcome from Southwest Florida.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kirk. I was born in Champaign, btw.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts