Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and live in the central valley of Kalifornia. I just received my CCW a few weeks back, and no, the county I live in it wasn't that hard to get it. From the time I first contacted the Sheriff untill I got my permit was about one month. Our Sheriff understands that because he is short on deputies and that we live in the country they wouldn't be able to get to us in a timely fashion. I did need to have a real good reason though. I am married and have a 17 year old daughter and their protection is number one on my list. I carry a Ruger P85 MKII, Stainless model, I know it is on the big side for concealed carry but I love that gun. It is extremely accurate and very reliable. I am a big guy so concealing is a little easier. I am looking forward to discussing the tons of issues that come up on a daily basis and learning from the community.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
:smile: welcome, from your avatar, it seems your rodents are better armed than the people. No AWB for them?:smile:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome, Rugerman. Glad to have you aboard. The avatar is great.
Jump right in any time. You'll find us a cordial group.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Welcome from Idaho, I escaped Calif. in 2000:danceban: :wave:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Rugerman, .. from a compadre in Southern Cal (Orange County), .. glad to see someone in Cal getting their CCW! I see your Ruger and raise you a S&W 457. Great compact .45 auto (7+1) that really never became that popular. Looking forward to exchanging thoughts, ideas, and ways to save the world.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas.

·
Administrator
143,837 Posts
Hi Rugerman

You found yourself a place on the Internet where folks see absolutely no problem with any member carrying a big, reliable, accurate firearm to protect "Self & Beloved Family Members" ~ :image035:
We have No Problem with that at all!:biggrin2:
WELCOME!:usflag:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi and welcome Rugerman - great re your CCW - way to go. :smilez:

·
Registered
540 Posts
welcome

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status