Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm generally new overall to handgun ownership and am just starting to concealed carry even though I've had my permit for around 6months. I originally got my permit just to make it less complicated transporting my guns to and from the range but want to start carrying on a daily basis. I currently own a S&W SD9VE and just purchased a Glock 42 for an every day carry. Looking to learn from the more experienced members on this forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Welcome from a fellow LA resident!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Howdy from TEXAS, where the west begins. Welcome to the forum.
Glad you could join us. Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From what you say you already own, it sounds like you are well armed. I daily carry a Glock 17. A G 42 is also a good choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
Greetings.jpg
Welcome !!!!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From what you say you already own, it sounds like you are well armed. I daily carry a Glock 17. A G 42 is also a good choice.
I do, I have a S&W SD9VE I keep next to the bed and then just picked up a Glock 42 to be my EDC. The SD9 was a parting gift from my last unit and was my first handgun. My wife is generally uneasy around guns so it was never worth the argument to buy one. Luckily, got it as a gift and got her to be a little more comfortable with guns in the house. Bought the G42 because of it's size, how well it shoots compared to other 380 models, and hopefully to get my wife shooting. I'd like to get her to start carrying because she is a dog sitter and ends up on walks by herself in unfamiliar neighborhoods but, that is a topic for a different thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After my wife was attacked by a knife wielding thug, we both got our ccw and began carrying daily. I feel much better knowing both my wife are armed. I regret not having pressed the issue before my wife got attacked. She received several dozen stitches and was left with some pronounced scars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts