Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Just finishing my PhD at UT-Austin and moved to College Station where I have a job as a research scientist. I'm originally from Florida, born and raised, until I was 23.

My father, grandfather and great grandfather on my father's side were all USMC. I've flown out of Henderson Airfield on Guadalcanal, that whole place is an incredible experience. My grandfather and great uncles on my Mother's side were all Army in WWII.

My dad told me he'd kill me first if I tried to carry on the tradition, so I went to college.

Growing up around Marines meant growing up with lots of guns, shooting and hunting. I'm no stranger to shooting, had an old .22/410 over under when I was 10.

I'm a huge 1911 person. I took a pawn shop nightmare GI-style 1911 made in the 1980's and pretty much rebuilt it internally. Now it sings with a 3 lbs trigger, true radius sear and breaks like glass.

I just recently, having been offered the job in TX, decided to get up to speed and become licensed to concealed carry. I'm a very small guy, only 5'3", and I won't stray from .45 ACP.

Looking forward to reading here, and hearing what to expect from my course and qualification!

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Welcome from Delaware!

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Welcome from Alabama

·
Premium Member
5,008 Posts
Welcome from the PRM!

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Welcome fellow Texian!

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! This place gives quite the welcome wagon. :) I'm much more of a how guns work type person than a tactical/defense/etc person, so I'm here with an open mind.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Greetings from Richmond/Rosenberg, TX

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
Howdy Hay from WA state Today. I'm half Texan myself pardner:blink:

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Welcome Aboard and Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee: Your choice in handguns is admirable.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess I should also address the elephant in the room and say: I'm an atheist, hardcore Constitutionalist, and hardcore social liberal. Anywhere I go, people have a reason to hate me. It's fun!

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

3# trigger...:gah:

ret :31:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts