Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm from Wisconsin. One of the 2 states that doesn't allow concealed carry of any kind :frown:. I'm 22 and a System Technician who just graduated with an Associate Degree in IT this spring. I've also served five and a half years in the Wisconsin Army National Guard and have been deployed once. I've been in love with guns ever since I was little, so I'm sure that had something to do with me joining the army and going infantry! I bought my first pistol a couple months after I turned 21, and bought a Bushmaster Gas Piston Rifle at the same time.

Earlier this summer a local resident hosted an open carry picnic at a nearby park. The event made national news. Since seeing the news leading up to the picnic, I became a member of OpenCarry.org and have started open carrying. I now open carry my Glock 19 almost everytime I go shopping. I don't do much else where I'd actually be able to carry.

I also went out and got two carry permits...one for MN and one for FL. Figured with the two I could carry in most states. I ended up getting one for PA because it was cheap and the FL one was taking forever. I haven't actually done any concealed carry since I got my permits, but I'll have them should I need them. Hopefully Wisconsin will pick up concealed carry in the next year or two.

I do have a trip planned to Kissimmee, FL in February. Considering such a big city that is, and it will just be me and my girlfriend, I want to carry the entire trip. My Glock can be a pain to try to hide, as I only wear t-shirts and they just don't get the job done. I'm considering buying a Ruger LCP and getting an ankle holster for that, and keeping it on me during our vacation.

Looking forward to learning some new information, and hopefully meeting some great people.

Stay safe, and carry on!

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome from Nebraska....

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ga. :bier:

+ 1 on the LCP. :hand10:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you for helping defend our great country.
WELCOME from FL

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome from Southern Illinois!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.