Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the new 26 yesterday and early this morning, a friend called and told me that one of the Walmarts had some Winchester whitebox 9mm on the shelves when he was there at about 3am after getting off work and he knew I had just picked up the new gun so he snagged me two of them. He's a good guy. He wanted to tag along and run a couple of mags through the gun so of course I said yes.

Went to our local indoor range in the early afternoon and put all 200 rounds through the new 26. All I can say is WOW. This is now officially my new carry gun. Shoots just like I hoped it would. That double recoil spring set up really helps.

As I tend to do with all the Glocks I have owned, I started out shooting a little high but after getting the feel for it I was getting very good groups. Within 2 of the 10 round mags I was hitting right where I wanted to. A very accurate gun to be sure. I have always liked the stock Glock sights. I just find them easy to pick up, the dot outlined by the back sight. I honestly wish someone made a night sight version of the stock Glock sight.

After 200 rounds, of which I shot 130 to 150 myself, my hand felt fine other than my middle finger being rubbed a bit by the trigger guard. The old Glock knuckle thing. I'll probably deal with that with some sandpaper to the point where the trigger guard meets the front of the grip. I did the same with my G23 when I bought it years ago.

All in all, this is a great gun. It carries so easy. I have pretty much lost interest in looking for a single stack 9mm to replace the Kahr now. There's no need for one to be honest. This gun conceals better than the Kahr does anyway because the grip is shorter. And since I don't have any problem with my pinky being under the grip when I shoot, I'm not planning on getting the pinky extensions either so it really conceals like a dream.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Awesome! I love my Gen Glock 26

·
Registered
631 Posts
Only thing i added to my 26 was the Glock +2 mag extension, looking for sights now.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Sounds like a good time. I love my G27, and have been showing my wife G19's and G26's since she prefers shooting 9mm. Great guns the who lot of them!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Only thing i added to my 26 was the Glock +2 mag extension, looking for sights now.
I used some +2 extensions for a while but then stopped. The stuck out enough where the gun was more noticeable, and during reloads under pressure I tended to get part of my hand stuck between the mag and the receiver. It hurt a little, but worse that that kept the magazine from locking-up. So, I went back to stock. I now have three carry mags that I rotate through, and four G23 mags that I rotate for spares (hold a few more rounds, work great, and still easier to conceal that a full-size G22 mag. So, just FWIW that approach works better for me personally.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I used some +2 extensions for a while but then stopped. The stuck out enough where the gun was more noticeable, and during reloads under pressure I tended to get part of my hand stuck between the mag and the receiver. It hurt a little, but worse that that kept the magazine from locking-up. So, I went back to stock. I now have three carry mags that I rotate through, and four G23 mags that I rotate for spares (hold a few more rounds, work great, and still easier to conceal that a full-size G22 mag. So, just FWIW that approach works better for me personally.

I just installed the +2 Glock extensions, havent even shot with them yet.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I just installed the +2 Glock extensions, havent even shot with them yet.
Initially I liked the extra length for my grip, but once I switched them out my focus was more on proper grip with what I had (thumb and three fingers). It didn't take much practice to get that dialed-in.

You may like them a lot, or may have an experience similar to mine. You don't know until you try, so I'm all for that.

Cheers,

cn262

Reactions: Christopher67

·
Banned
3,343 Posts
You can actually carry the G26 in your shirt pocket, balanced out by two spare mags in the other shirt pocket, without really feeling the weight. I'm not a large individual, either.

·
Banned
3,343 Posts
Cool. What's your source for G23 mags? TIA

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Excellent! I love shooting my 26, it's just an allround great gun for CC. I agree on sticking with the standard mag length; make it any longer and you might as well be carrying a 19 and get the benefits of the extra capacity and sight radius. I have the GAP floor plates on mine and they work very well without adding any length to the grip.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have carried the G26 in a Remora with small sweat shield for 7 months now and love it. I had no problems firing with with my pinky under the grip as the recoil on the G26 is amazingly manageable. i had +0 pearce grips purchased but have chosen not to use them on the mag that I carry with as it makes the pistol more concealable for me (the grip extensions managed to snag my shirt more than the flat base plate.

I just received a couple of G19 mags finally and once I can get my hands on some X-Grips I will carry one of those as my backup mag.

The G26 is just a great combination of capacity and concealability and it simply excels in accuracy and firing comfort.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Glad to hear that all worked out fine! (you never know with a new gun....especially a Gen4 Glock)

Hope to give mine a workout, any day now......
Diddo! Congrats on picking up a fine carry piece friend.

Reactions: TN_Mike

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
"After 200 rounds, of which I shot 130 to 150 myself, my hand felt fine other than my middle finger being rubbed a bit by the trigger guard."

If you have to go through 130-150 rounds to defend yourself, your middle finger will not be your concern. That many rounds through any handgun tends to create a sore spot for me somewhere.

Reactions: TN_Mike

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I have carried the G26 in a Remora with small sweat shield for 7 months now and love it. I had no problems firing with with my pinky under the grip as the recoil on the G26 is amazingly manageable. i had +0 pearce grips purchased but have chosen not to use them on the mag that I carry with as it makes the pistol more concealable for me (the grip extensions managed to snag my shirt more than the flat base plate.

I just received a couple of G19 mags finally and once I can get my hands on some X-Grips I will carry one of those as my backup mag.

The G26 is just a great combination of capacity and concealability and it simply excels in accuracy and firing comfort.
Honestly, I'd save your money on the x-grips unless you just really want them. I practice with 19 mags sometimes, and occasionally will carry a larger 19 mag as backup, but I've never had any issues just using the mag the way it is. Once you are accustomed to shooting without the little finger, it really doesn't matter so much where it's sitting.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts