Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I purchased a brand new holster and stupidly put some bick 4 leather conditioner on it. I've not yet used the holster. I read in another form the conditioner can ruin the holster by softening it. How can I remove this conditioner?

Thx!!

·
Super Moderator
17,983 Posts
A bit messy but the only thing I can think of would be to cover it in cornstarch, I have never tried it on leather conditioner but it works for drawing oil out of a wood stock.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
Or baking soda might absorb the oil. I'd try the cornstarch first though.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Interesting 1st post. A single application (unless you dropped it in a bucket of conditioner to soak over the weekend) shouldn't be enough to "over-soften" a new GALCO holster. So (with my blessing), relax my son. Your transgression is forgiven. Go & condition...no more. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Interesting 1st post. A single application (unless you dropped it in a bucket of conditioner to soak over the weekend) shouldn't be enough to "over-soften" a new GALCO holster. So (with my blessing), relax my son. Your transgression is forgiven. Go & condition...no more. :biggrin2:
I'm with ghost tracker. I used Neets Foot oil (a light coating on the exterior)on my Galco Sto n' Go and it is just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts