Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the LGS this morning and compared the different models of Glock 30's. I compared the 30S, the Gen 4 G30, and the G30 SF.

I didn't notice the size difference on the 30s until I put it beside the other G30 models. Then you really notice a difference. All 3 pistols felt good in my hand but the Gen 4 checkering really stood out to me. I almost went with the 30s but decided to build upon my Gen 4 "family" of Glocks, so I went with the Gen 4 G30. I carry my G27 most of the time, so the 30 will be more of a truck/nightstand gun, with the option of carrying concealed. It was also nice that all 3 pistols were priced the same, so that did not factor into the decision.

I then went down to the local WalMart and lucked upon a 100 count box of Winchester White Box 230 grain FMJ's for the new 30.

The growing Gen 4 "family".

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sweet. I have been looking for a Gen4 or 30s for months now. No luck.

grats.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can't believe you were able to walk into a gun store, and actually walk out with a brand new Glock...hell even had choices! You sir should buy a lottery ticket! :biggrin2:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Finds a glock and ammo for it in the same day!? U lucky bast! Congrats!

Fla CWFL holder
NRA member
Ruger LCP EDC

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Well Done on your new Glock! Hope that you have a nice day at the range soon! Let us know how it goes.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
From one Glock lover to another...Nice Family!:yup::hand2:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Congrats . . . I have a Gen 3, G30 and G36 and wouldn't part with either of them. That is, unless I could find a brand new G30s, then I might consider selling.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can't believe you were able to walk into a gun store, and actually walk out with a brand new Glock...hell even had choices! You sir should buy a lottery ticket! :biggrin2:
Glocks have been back for a while here. All models, all calibers - for the most part. About $550 to $600.

You chose a nice gun! Enjoy it.
saa.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealer I frequent is a large LE stocking dealer for Glock, S&W, and Sig. They have had a good and steady selection coming in the store since this whole mess started. They have also managed to keep a reasonable supply of ammo even though the prices have been a little high.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How is the recoil compared to the 27?
Was able to get out and put a few rounds through the G30 this afternoon once I finished mowing. The G30 is certainly softer shooting than the G27 by a noticeable amount. It also seems more accurate. My wife shot it and was impressed by how soft it shot and by its accuracy. I'm very happy with my decision!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts