Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of may recall, I recently was interested in learning more about my GLOCK's. There was an Armorer's Course nearby last month and I decided to attend. I don't regret it in the least!

It was held in a very hot, stuffy room with about forty large, sweaty LEO types and a few of us lesser mortals (dealers and GSSF). I can not say that it was a pleasant experience in the way of comfort, but I did learn a lot.

Most of the basics anyone who has owned a GLOCK more that a week knows already, but what I found interesting was all of the side information the instructor provided as we went along. The reasons for certain aspects of the firearm and insights into combat shooting (w/ GLOCK's). Also of interest was learning the PROPER cleaning and maintenance of these fine firearms. I bet at least a few of you did not know that GLOCK's are designed to function almost devoid of lubrication - except in key locations and in very limited amounts.

It was basically eight hours of detail stripping and re-assembly, or what some of you would call just another Friday night!:image035:

After all of that was a written test that was easy for anyone who had been awake for the previous seven hours. And today I have received my official Certificate in the mail.

The question is would I do it again? I am not a dealer, nor am I responsible for a large armory (working on it though!:hand10:). I just wanted to get the information from the source. There are other resources out there and the expense was probably more than I needed to spend, but there is a kind of certainty that you only get from "official" training.

Yes, knowing what I know now, I would recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity.

Alright, I said I would let you all know how it went, so I did.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Congratulations on the Certification.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
That's awesome! I'd like to do one myself. Then I'd be certified for something other than what my doctors recommend. Just kidding. If you get a deep discount from the source on OEM parts, please let me know. Resources are good.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I have went thru this myself....it is worth the money.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congratulations, I have actually thought of doing this myself but I haven't been able to find a course near my home town.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Well, as some of may recall, I recently was interested in learning more about my GLOCK's. There was an Armorer's Course nearby last month and I decided to attend. I don't regret it in the least!

It was held in a very hot, stuffy room with about forty large, sweaty LEO types and a few of us lesser mortals (dealers and GSSF). I can not say that it was a pleasant experience in the way of comfort, but I did learn a lot.

Most of the basics anyone who has owned a GLOCK more that a week knows already, but what I found interesting was all of the side information the instructor provided as we went along. The reasons for certain aspects of the firearm and insights into combat shooting (w/ GLOCK's). Also of interest was learning the PROPER cleaning and maintenance of these fine firearms. I bet at least a few of you did not know that GLOCK's are designed to function almost devoid of lubrication - except in key locations and in very limited amounts.

It was basically eight hours of detail stripping and re-assembly, or what some of you would call just another Friday night!:image035:

After all of that was a written test that was easy for anyone who had been awake for the previous seven hours. And today I have received my official Certificate in the mail.

The question is would I do it again? I am not a dealer, nor am I responsible for a large armory (working on it though!:hand10:). I just wanted to get the information from the source. There are other resources out there and the expense was probably more than I needed to spend, but there is a kind of certainty that you only get from "official" training.

Yes, knowing what I know now, I would recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity.

Alright, I said I would let you all know how it went, so I did.

Thanks.
I think knowledge of something you want to learn about is is worthy. I commend you for taking this seminar.

I hope you also got coffee and donuts at least. :smile:

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Congrats.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Learning anything new is always worth it.:congrats:

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So non-leos cant take the course as well? Interesting.
LEO, military, dealers & GSSF (me) are the only ones they train. GSSF is an easy way in and a good deal by itself.

Thanks to everybody for the comments.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts