Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if I'm the only one that didn't know this. Just heard on the 1800 news that the Ala. legislature is shoving through a law similar to the "inhanced Castle Doctrin" law that was reciently passed and implemented in Flah-Da. If it is passed by the legislature it will immediately go to the gov. for signature. The news report sounded very positive. Sounded like this could be implemented in just a couple of months. GOOD LUCK ALABAMA. -------

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
The sooner all states implement this the better. I just hope FL's example will be followed, despite the Brady Bunch's protestations!

Just did some digging -

Self-Defense Bills Now In Line To Pass Alabama House And Senate

Ledger-Enquirer

The Alabama House and Senate are now in position to approve legislation that would expand the instances where a person can kill someone to protect a home, business or vehicle.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/news/local/14107219.htm
One surprising thing in that - use of word ''kill'' - not one we usually choose to use as against dealing with threat!!

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Good to hear. The more positive gun legislation the better. Hopefully it will spread to all the states.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
P95Carry said:
One surprising thing in that - use of word ''kill'' - not one we usually choose to use as against dealing with threat!!
Chris, "kill" is the word AP used. It appears nowhere in the legislation. The words there are "deadly force" unless I am badly mistaken.

We hope it passes and keep calling our legislators, but it will still face some opposition in the full senate. Of course the opposition continues to quote the same old lies and phony statistics. It amazes me how many time that stuff can be refuted by evidence and then show up again in the same room being protrayed as true with so many refusing to recall that it has already been refuted.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I later realized that George - re ''kill'' - media-speak I guess :rolleyes: :frown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts