Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried my new Old Faithful Holsters gun belt this morning, wow!

I'd been using a 5.11 for the past couple years. It was good but recently starting wearing out and got soft.

This is has the Kydex reinforcement between the leather.

Huge improvement over the 5.11! It's twice as thick and stiff!

Best $70 I've spent in a while!

In God and Glock we Trust

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I plan on ordering one eventually. I'm in the process of losing 70 lbs so I ordered one from hanks clothing for $30. My old faithful holster should be in Monday though!

·
Registered
354 Posts
That's a nice looking belt. I have one from -Ridgid Holsters- that is very similar except black on black with kydex. Very comfortable. 1.5" wide with oval holes .5" apart for those "thanksgiving" type dinners!
IMG_0007-001.JPG IMG_0003-001.JPG IMG_0001-001.JPG

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not all gun belts are equal! Not sure why you wouldn't want a reinforced belt!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Good looking belts. Dig my Crossbreed belts so far. Wonder how long they will last. Hopefully I won't have to come back to this post to find the name of another belt for a long long time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the review I will have to take a look at them I'm in the market for a new belt. How quick was the turn around time?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Was told by many that Ridgid belt was fine without kydex reinforcement. $10 difference, I just got it with it. Comfort right out of the box, no break in period, and the holes are oval which is unique. Here is a pic of the Ridgid with a $40 store bought Eddie Bauer I thought would do the job. Can you tell the difference?
IMG_0005-001.JPG

Not all gun belts are equal! Not sure why you wouldn't want a reinforced belt!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
+1 on the double stitching .... that looks great.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the review I will have to take a look at them I'm in the market for a new belt. How quick was the turn around time?
Two weeks!
I was looking at the Crossbreeds, however I wasn't sure if they had kydex. Also how far they are back logged. However on their seconds site they have a page of different sizes for $40.

Plus the Tom Gresham promo saved me a few bucks.

I really noticed a difference when not carry a mag pouch on my belt. Before when I used a pocket mag pouch and my Crossbreed holster my pants would ride down. Yesterday at Church the Old Faithful kept everything in place!

I know 5.11 makes a good product, however their belt is junk. Not sure on the webbed belts, but the leather ones are worthless.

I just wish the metal clips on my Crossbreed and knife sheath wouldn't scratch the belt. I know I could get plastic but I don't want em to break either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts