Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. So after my last thread and the awesome help I got a heck of a deal on an XDS 9 new. Paired with the gear up promotion and I couldn't say no for 20 bucks less than a shield.

Anyway I'm looking for a good IWB holster and looking for suggestions. The local shops had a lot of cheapies that I feel I'd be replacing frequently.

Thanks for the suggestions and all the help so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
:image035: Great Choice----If so inclined you can go online to get some video reviews of different holsters. I've watched several. Decide if you want Kydex or Leather and go to it. It will make your head swim , but you can learn much and then ask questions of Forum Members to see what type IWB they're are using and their experiences. Just a thought...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good choice! It's what I have and carry daily. What's your price range for a holster? Anything specific you're looking for?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies time for some more research and looking into the brands mentioned.

Good choice! It's what I have and carry daily. What's your price range for a holster? Anything specific you're looking for?
You know the saying: if it's cheap for me...immediately followed by: if it's cheap better be ready to buy multiples lol

Ideally price wise under $100 but I have some wiggle room if need be.

Ideally quality and ability to conceal well under every day t shirt and shorts. So I don't want something thick, but I also don't want something that's gonna wear the gun or myself down (rubbing etc)

This is what I use for a lot of my guns. I think I have one for almost every pistol I own. For me, can't be beat for shorts and t shirt weather.

https://www.amazon.com/Concealment-...7629386&sr=8-1&keywords=xds+kydex+iwb+holster

Not bad at all for $35.
I did see that one on Amazon earlier. Are you finding it's leaving wear marks on the pistol as one guy uploaded photos on?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I haven't noticed any wear marks yet. That said, since I live in Kalifornia and do not yet have a Kalifornia permit, I only carry at home when my gates have to be left open (or when I feel like it regardless of the position of the gates), and when I'm in Nevada at my second home and where my Utah permit allows me to carry, or when in any other state where my Utah permit allows me to carry. Since we are considering moving to NV, I just haven't bothered with the pain in the rear that getting a Kali permit is.

All of that said, personally, I expect some wear with any gun/holster combination, particularly if I'm going to be using that combination every single day. In another post, in reply to your question about which gun to get, I replied that my favorite 9mm carry guns are the G19 and the p938. My 938 is the Equinox model, and is a very pretty model, and relatively speaking, is an expensive gun when compared to my Glocks or XDs or Shield. One reason for choosing the G19 was that it is not necessarily a pretty gun, same with the XDs or Shield, in my opinion (compared to the 938 or my Kimber UltraCarry). So, the G19 and the XDs see more carry time than do the 938 or the Kimber. Since they aren't pretty to begin with, I don't worry so much if they get a scratch or two, or a bit of holster wear here and there. These are the guns I'm more likely to wear the most, especially when I'm tooling around in the shop or working on some project on my little two acre piece of heaven.

Just my own experience and viewpoint. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most comfortable IWB (@ 3:30-4:30 ) for me is Crossbreed Supertuck . Most concealable is DeSantis Slim tuck . Tucks into flab a little deeper .

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have carried mine for two years now in a Hidden Hybrid holster. Absolutely the highest quality hybrid on the market.

Gallery

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
This is what I use for a lot of my guns. I think I have one for almost every pistol I own. For me, can't be beat for shorts and t shirt weather.

https://www.amazon.com/Concealment-...7629386&sr=8-1&keywords=xds+kydex+iwb+holster

Not bad at all for $35.
I'm a big fan of this design. I carry my XDS9mm (3.3) in a nearly-identical design that I got from an outfit called "Stay Holstered."

The maker is a good guy named Enrique Ortega. Enrique has an eBay store named Stay Holstered. Look it up.

My holster is 2 1/2 years old and looks & works like it did when it was brand new, and I carry the XDS in it almost daily.

I would buy one just as quickly from Concealment Express, because it's virtually identical. They have a nice website:

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/collections/top-sellers/products/springfield-armory-xds33-holster?variant=34308668739

You don't need to decide between Kydex and leather - I'd get both. I have a Simply Rugged leather pancake holster and also an Alien Gear (2.0) hybrid. All work very well.
I carry the C E design (Stay Holstered) more because I can easily slip it off (or on) when entering or leaving a NPE, which I do frequently.

The Concealment Express holster offers adjustable cant; my Stay holstered rig does not, but some of his holsters, as manufactured, have more cant.

Mine happens to have very little cant bit it works very well anyway, and conceals deeply.

Some guys carry appendix, others in different places. I carry mine at 4:00 and it's very comfortable for all day carry. None that I mentioned will damage the gun.

Would I like a Nelson rig ? SURE ! And one of these days I'll order one. But right now I need other things first. :mad:

If you get a Concealment Express holster and don't like it [OP] I'll buy it from you. (Ditto a Stay Holstered rig.) :smile:

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I was going to pick this up for my new Glock 19, but i read deep on the reviews, did you see the ones complaining of scratched barrels??? Is this common among holsters?
Your handgun is a TOOL. It's there to save your life in an emergency.

If you want it to stay pristine, leave it in the box, lock it in a safe and never take it out.

And certainly, don't ever shoot it; it might get dirty. :nono:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the replies time for some more research and looking into the brands mentioned.

You know the saying: if it's cheap for me...immediately followed by: if it's cheap better be ready to buy multiples lol

Ideally price wise under $100 but I have some wiggle room if need be.

Ideally quality and ability to conceal well under every day t shirt and shorts. So I don't want something thick, but I also don't want something that's gonna wear the gun or myself down (rubbing etc)

I did see that one on Amazon earlier. Are you finding it's leaving wear marks on the pistol as one guy uploaded photos on?

I have the SHTF Gear Ace hybrid holster I really like (they changed their company name to Black Arch Holsters). I wear mine at about 3:30 and it's perfectly concealed, even with a more form-fitting shirt.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts

SHTF GEAR now Black Arch Holsters when I had my XDS-45 for a year or so.

Their Ace-1 and Protos were prefect for that gun.

Other than .45 ACP recoil beating my hands up, both the gun and holsters
were fantastic!

The same holster will fit a 3.3 XD-S in 9mm, 45, or probably the new .40 caliber.

I have the Protos , and the newer Protos-M for my PPS M2 that are also great.

Also, the ACE-1 for my RAMI:

Enjoy the pics:)
XD-S by boonie25 | Photobucket

PROTOS IWB-Walther PPS M2 by boonie25 | Photobucket
Protos M PPS M2 by boonie25 | Photobucket

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
My two favorites are Talon Holster & Black Arch ( SHTF ) Holster. I caryy the XD sub and the Shield, both 9mm with them and it's an absolute non issue. However, like what was earlier posted, check out some video's and see what's out there.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Your handgun is a TOOL. It's there to save your life in an emergency.

If you want it to stay pristine, leave it in the box, lock it in a safe and never take it out.

And certainly, don't ever shoot it; it might get dirty. :nono:

:image035: Oh you stop it!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts