Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As for my daily carry gun I much prefer the 45ACP. Like big bullets like the thought of what that bog barrel diameter would look like to the BG and like the limited penetration. I've carried several of my "Less expensive" guns but have never been truly comfortable with a 3" or even 4-1/4" barren in 45ACP. too many occasional failure to eject or failure to feed with the steeper ramp. Finally broke down and purchased a Remington 1911 R1 in SST. Hope this one will turn out to be more reliable. Have 500v rounds and headed to the range this afternoon. It's the new holster that I truly am excited by. I've always been leery of the IWB holsters. just concerned about comfort etc. Well given I'm now trying to hide a 5" full size 1911 I decided to give IWB a try. Purchased a "AlienGear" holster and have been wearing it for 2 days now. Love it. very comfortable very easy to carry with great concealment. Has less drag on the pants/belt than any holster I've ever used. Only small complaint is that so far it's a bit tricky to re-holster. the pistol. Hope that gets better as I get it broken in.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I like mine!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts