Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's that Colt Lightweight Commander I was considering. I chose this due to the positive resonses from all of you. Thanks a bunch for helping me to make the decision. It's got Trijicons, Bar-sto BBland Bushing, Chip McCormick beavertail, sear, hammer, ejector, hammer, extended safety and adjustible trigger. Also Wolf recoil springs and firing pin assembly. The gun came with Coco Bolo DD grips, and Colt wrap-around rubber grips. Also came with a Don Hume pancake, 8 shot wilson mag. The gun's about 95% with a FULL ramping, throating and polishing. The work was sent out and had the work done by a Gunsmith the trading post uses in maine.
I figuerd out how much the guy sunk into it, and it came to about 500.00 in parts alone. not including smithing.
I traded my Pimpy Chrome HK P7 for it, and came out with a 100.00 credit coming my way. (whispering) I was into the P7 for 500.00 total, and the Colt was selling for 650.00 with all the stuff. Pretty good score I got, not to mention two other guys were there when I was picking up the gun, as they wanted it also. take a look and see what you think :biggrin:
Bob

·
Administrator
143,817 Posts
Really Super Nice CLASS3

CLASS3 ~ You done went & did it again!
You did mightly well for yourself. :biggrin:
Meanwhile....That is in really nice condition. It all looks pretty minty & a bit better than 95%
So...if she shoots as good as she looks then you are set with about the near perfect carry pistol. Shoot it in good health my man & stay safe!
Give us a range report & let us know how those bullets are smacking on the target. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's gonna be 55 out tomorrow.sooooooooooo I'll have a test report for ya'll tomorrow night........... Thanks for the help in assisting me to make the right decision....I get brian farts sometimes.and it clouds my mind.....Opps....I think I have a mind.........maybe not though.....but I'll post a report on the gun, and how well it does........ :haha:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Nice looking Colt and sounds like you made a hell of a deal on it. Looking forward to hearing how it shoots. :smile:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:biggrin: hey Bumper....... :biggrin:
I got it from that big dealer in Maine <kittery> where they have all those custom guns..they called it 90% finish on the gun, but QK and I kinda feel it's more like 97%.I took it apart tonight, and it was real clean.....who ever did the work did it top shelf.....

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Great, I like to see people get good deals, even if it isn't me, lol. :wink:

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Very nice Colt! Keep the wood stocks on it, they look so much nicer than those cheesy rubber ones.

Great find! Congratulations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts