Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up my new kimber compact cdp today. it was to rainy to go to the range so i have not fired it yet. i cant wait for the sun

·
Registered
813 Posts
no fair....gotta let us see

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Nice. I like the 2 tone and the skeletized trigger.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Love the CDP's hate the grips, changed mine to the slime Wilson Combat CCW grips and it made all the difference.

Nice pick up! Enjoy..............

Ti.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Handsome piece - could almost tempt me to get another 1911.!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ti Carry said:
Love the CDP's hate the grips, changed mine to the slime Wilson Combat CCW grips and it made all the difference.

Nice pick up! Enjoy..............

Ti.
already got slimmer ruber grips.

·
Registered
726 Posts
That is a great looking gun. Enjoy it and let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
My daily carry weapon is just like that only different (???) Mine has a 3" bbl. It also wears a set of VZ linen micarta(little slimmer) grips. Give a thought to ---> a home style F&B,keep it lubed,Wilson mags(or at least the "guts"),turn the trigger ajustment screw in a half turn or so,send400-500rds. downrange for break in(CDP's are tight),try Hornady 230gr.XTP's(#9096), .......ENJOY ! ------

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Congrats. :hand10:

·
Registered
18 Posts
New Gun

I have one like that for my Wife. Me I carry a full size Kimber. In fact Kimbers are all I own.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
Very nice! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i own an ultra carry II in black..I love it. I agree with the grips, I changed mine to the hogue wrap around. You made a great choice for a carry pistol....now all you need is some brommeland leather to wrap it in.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Thats one of the nicest 1911s ive seen. I to like the 2 tone and skelatized hammer. I think the 2 tone really sets the 1911 style pistols looking good enjoy:hand10:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
This is the exact gun I'd like to get and I'd have to put the slim grips on it too, then it's a Max Con V holster and call it better than good. I've love to see more pics of the gun and hear all about how it shoots. I like the shorter grip for concealment but it does dig into the palm a bit more than a full size but I love your gun and hope to get one for myself someday!

Happy shooting!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts