Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I posted this somewhere but can't find it :redface: I'm new and promise to pay closer attention in the future as to where I am posting things.

Second, a little about me. I just turned 50 and just got my CC permit. I've been around and handled handguns and rifles on and off all my life so I am not foreign to them. I just have never owned one myself.

A couple of weeks ago I finally got my CC permit. The very next Sat. I made it to our local gun show and bought a Bersa 380 with 3 clips, inside pant holster, 100 rounds of hollow points and 50 target rounds - all for $375.00.

I don't know if I paid a good price or not, I think I did compared to some of the other prices I was looking at while at the show. So what do you think? Feedback welcomed - even if it is, "You were taken."

Regardless, I wanted my gun and was glad to pay the price so to me, it was worth it. However the next gun I will do more homework before taking the plunge. In fact, I'm considering a 9mm sometime after the first of the year. So again, I welcome your feedback on $$ and good vs. bad manufacturers.

So far I have heard that Glock, S&W, Bersa and Ruger are normally good guns. I am also interested to learn more about centerfire and rimfire. I've done enough homework to understand the basic differences between the two but that is all I know.

Be easy on me, I'm a newbie here. I've shot several rifles and handguns in my life but have never owned a gun, so my knowledge level is "beginner." (hey, gotta start somewhere).

I have not chambered a round yet, waiting to get to the range (hopefully Sat.) but I am excited about learning and getting to shot soon.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Welcome aboard from NE New Jersey.
DC is a great place for (hand) gun, self-defense, and CC info.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Don't tell anybody where you got the .380 ammo from, they will run out and buy it all up!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.