Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all my name is Jacob Wells from Bakersfield, CA. I recently purchased an HK P2000-V2 .40 handgun. I am looking into getting a CCW here. I have the forms filled out but wish to inquire you all about some help with the essay I have to write justifying my need for one. i do work in a part of town that is known for violence and immense homeless problems. i am an accountant and must make deposits for my job. can someone help me word it right so i dont sound like a freakin cowboy?

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
welcome, Sorry my srong point was never agruing a case. I'm sure someone will be along to give ya some pointers.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Silent - welcome to CC :smilez:

I seem to recall a similar request from someone else a ways back tho forget details.

I would say tho your main emphasis would simply need to be on protection of self in the light of regional/occupational risk factors. No mention need be made of ''shooting'', ''killing'' - or any highly emotive words.

Depending what feedback you get here initially, maybe draft something out for us to appraise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see you started a thread for this purpose - http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9879 - so hope you'll get some more feedback.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Hi Jacob and welcome !
By chance I just moved to Georgia from the Ridgecrest area.
Since your occupation requires the handling and transfer of large sums of money throughout town, it will be no problem to list that reason to carry. That is a valid reason.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Welcome Jacob....good luck with your attempt to obtain a CCW permit. Keep us posted with your progress.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Welcome to the board! Good luck with the essay. I would make sure to put in that you carry large amounts of cash, that makes you a target for victimization. Also say that you want to protect your family and your self.

As a recent college grad, I can tell you this, When you finish the essay, re-read it, have someone else read it, then re-read it.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome, Jacob! Glad to have you with us.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hello from North Texas and welcome to the forum. I wish you the best with the essay.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome Aboard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.