Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wanted to say what a great site you have here. I came across this forum the other day while searching for info on CCW for 1911's. I have found lots of good info over the last couple of days and looking forward to finding more.
Thanks for a great site
Kevin

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kevin. Glad you're finding useful information and always glad to have another 1911 shooter! :smile:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Welcome aboard Kevin.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi Kevin, Sounds like you'll fit right in. Many folks here love 1911.

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Hi Kevin

Welcome!
Happy to have you here. :unitedsta
It's a great place with a whole bunch of fantastic members.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome Kevin. Are you an MP? The avatar would make one think so if I recall my unit patches correctly.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
san antone rr said:
Welcome Kevin. Are you an MP? The avatar would make one think so if I recall my unit patches correctly.
Steve you correct on the patch, the patch is from the 18th MP Brgd that was located in Germany (I think they may still be there). I was an MP stationed in Weisbaden Germany at the 527th MP Co.
Dirkster as far as what 1911 I carry, it used to be a 1991A1 which was sold (could kick myself for that one) but I currently have an Argentine 1911, which hopefully will be replaced with a SA Mil-Spec 1911A1 in the near future.

Kevin

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ahhhh!!!! You guys from PA multiply on this forum!! (Im only joking. I never met a person from PA that I didn't like :smile: )
Don't cry for Argentina 1911 anymore. Im sure Springfield will give ya a good Mil-spec. If they don't, they will fix it quickly for ya! That's what they did with my G.I. 1911-A1.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
1911 you say huh? There might just be a special place for you here :biggrin: The SA Mill-Spec is a very good "beginner" or "tinkerer" 1911, I have one and it runs perfect. After buying my Colt Commander XSE I see why they are more expensive. I plan on selling my mill-spec to fund another colt.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Mil-Spec is a very good base gun, and can be a great 1911 with the proper massaging.
I built my first 1911, but if I had it to do again, I might save myself some cash and tinker with a Mil-Spec.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bruces45 said:
1911 you say huh? There might just be a special place for you here :biggrin: The SA Mill-Spec is a very good "beginner" or "tinkerer" 1911, I have one and it runs perfect. After buying my Colt Commander XSE I see why they are more expensive. I plan on selling my mill-spec to fund another colt.
Bruce may be interested in your Mil-Spec let me know when and how much you want for it, as well as any upgrades that may have been made. Shoot me a PM or E-mail.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.