Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks. my name is andrew. i'm from nw FL. 25 years of age. kinda new to handguns, so i'm still learning. was never really interested until my wife's ex started stalking her and was hiding out in our backyard.. and also the multiple attempted and 1 successful break in in my house. since then, i've bought a ruger p85 as my home defense gun, which i really like.. 'cept for the stiff trigger. my wife owns a walther p22 and a S&W 380 revolver of some sort. which she got for her concealed permit but she doesn't like it. also a taurus pt25 which i despise for some reason. its way to small for my hands for one... but my wife loves it. maybe getting rid of that for some sort of an upgrade for her now that she's more comfortable with larger calibers

anywho. i serve our great country in the AF. i fix air planes to put it simply. i'm actually in afghanistan right now on my 3rd trip now, and soon to be on my way back home. and i'm looking to buy a gun when i get back and that's pretty much what brought me here. that and the plethora of information i've come across from perusing your site here for the past hour.

i'm in the process of getting my concealed weapons permit. and i'm looking for a gun for exactly that purpose. i've narrowed my choiced down to the colt defender, kimber ultra carry II, and the springfield EMP. i really like the mini 1911 design. but i'm also open to suggestions as well. i'm leaning towards the colt simply because the price difference. but the kimber and EMP is just gorgeous guns and aesthetically pleasing guns are a must. not to say the colt isn't... i would like a 40 or 45. but i'd settle for a 9mm if it was the right gun.

well anywho i've rambled on enough. i'm gonna go do some more research.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome aboard from a retired AF maintainer in Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Super Moderator
25,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hope you are enjoying the site.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:bier: from Ga. Welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your search, and purchase. Don't forget to take a look at the Glock36, if you're looking for a good .45. I've been lookin at one for the last month and am about to pull the trigger on one myself. :image035:

Have a safe trip home.:hand10:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Andrew,

Welcome from the Space Coast.

And thank you for your service.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Welcome from Victoria, B.C. :wave:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Welcome aboard Andrew from New Jersey.
I'm saving up for an emp9mm. Hope to have it by Christmas or so.
There are lots of 40's for sale on gunbroker.com. Check it out.
BTW, thanks for your service...and get back home safe and sound.

·
Registered
830 Posts
welcome from orlando. if for some reason you can't decide on which gun to buy or finances go south you can carry the p85. thanks for serving

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Welcome and thank you for serving our country!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.