Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm new to these forums, but not new to shooting (despite my young age of 20). I plan on getting my CCW permit as soon after I turn 21 as possible.

I currently open carry a Sig P226. Here in New Mexico, open carry is legal at age 19.

Glad to be a member and I am looking forward to meeting many of you!

-Erik

·
Registered
370 Posts
Howdy, vecino!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome along Erik :smile:

SIG 226 is my daily carry - 9mm tho. Yours? Same or are you taking the .40/.357 Sig route?

·
Registered
118 Posts
welcome Erik

Welcome also Erik !!!
(Iv'e got socks and things in my refrigerator older than you !!!) I'm just jealous of that 20yr age but welcome once again !

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The more SIG folks the merrier! :biggrin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.

Yes, I carry a SigSauer P226 in 9mm. Can't beat the 17rnd magazines!! Well, 17+1 actually.

My parents actually got me into shooting....actually got into it in a hunting way, then got into the competition side as I got older. I shot my first mulie buck when I was 9. Haven't done much hunting since I started high school, though because of a family move and time constraints. I took hunter education about 5 times (literally) LOL....my dad thought it was good that I learn proper gun safety at a young age, and I can proudly say I'm the safest person I know, along w/ my father.

I want to get more into IDPA simply for the tactical benefit, but it's also alot of fun! And since I really can't compete in IPSC w/ a P226 standard, IDPA is a good choice.

I am going to be a police officer after I graduate college, and can't wait!! I'm thinking about becoming a reserve state police officer during college since I can sort of pick my own hours here in NM.

Well, didn't know if you all expected a biography, but like I said in my first post, I'm looking forward to conversing w/ you all and learning a ton! Although I have much experience w/ firearms, I have so much more to learn and even more to learn about handguns since they are relatively new to my reportoire.

-Erik

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Welcome Erik

Thank you for registering.:unitedsta:
Very Fine Choice for your carry firearm.
Anyway...Glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, and very good choice of carry weapon ya got there

·
Registered
304 Posts
Erik!

It was only matter of time before you registered here :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome

Hi Erik,
Glad you're here. It's a great place

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for giving me the heads up, Justin ;)

-Erik

P.S. piece-of-crapp S&W knife broke this past weekend, so it looks like I'll be buying another knife. Talk to you online about that later.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to CombatCarry, Eric! :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.