Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the Nazi state of NJ. I've been lurking the forums for a while, but don't believe I've posted in this thread yet. So here is my hello. Thank you all for the wealth of info in these threads. I've learned so much from reading about various experiences that you've had. As you know, I live in a state where it is "technically" possible to apply for a carry permit. However, they never issue any out as far as I know. If any of you are from NJ or know anyone from NJ and by the grace of God were granted a carry permit, pls let us know how it was done. I know, its a BIG "IF".

Also, could someone direct me to a specific state by state thread if there is one? Thanks everyone!

·
Banned
265 Posts
Welcome! I was born and raised in Cherry Hill, NJ!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Greetings from the Nazi state of NJ. I've been lurking the forums for a while, but don't believe I've posted in this thread yet. So here is my hello. Thank you all for the wealth of info in these threads. I've learned so much from reading about various experiences that you've had. As you know, I live in a state where it is "technically" possible to apply for a carry permit. However, they never issue any out as far as I know. If any of you are from NJ or know anyone from NJ and by the grace of God were granted a carry permit, pls let us know how it was done. I know, its a BIG "IF".

Also, could someone direct me to a specific state by state thread if there is one? Thanks everyone!
I lived in NJ for 30 years, and the only people I know with CC permits were either ex-Cops or ex-military officers. My buddy is a Marine Sgt and he was denied for a year before finally getting it. And it took a signed letter from the NJ State Police to get it done.

My Uncle was a NY/NJ Port Authority cop for years, and he had a CC permit in NJ and NYC. But that too was about 20 years ago now.

But I do not recall a single regular citizen who had a CC permit. I'm sure there are a few. I just don't know where you might find them.

I would contact the NRA, and ask them if they can recommend a strategy. They might know of a lawyer or judge that can help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome from Nebraska....

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Welcome to DC from GA. :bier:

could someone direct me to a specific state by state thread if there is one?
Not sure if there is one, if so, I haven't seen it. Sorry.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
welcome from the panhandle of Texas

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome from The Volunteer State! :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Banned
13,685 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
449 Posts
It does not hurt to inquire with the NRA. I am from Westchester County, NY which is notorious to rarely issue unrestricted CCWP. But after a long haul with the judges and Police Commissioner, I was able to remove all my restrictions to my license. It now states, "FULL CARRY" aka CCWP.

Hence Never give up hope!

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Welcome to you from NE New Jersey.
I've heard of a couple of non-LEO citizens obtaining a CCW permit, but it was in cases where the person had death threats deemed 'legitimate' by the authorities. Then of course there are those who are 'connected' (attorneys, judges, politicians, etc.).
As a Jerseyan, you know that when it comes to assessing risks to life and property it's a toss up between Bad Guys and the NJ authorities.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.