Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, the name's Geoff. I just turned 21 back in December, and decided to apply for a concealed carry permit since I was planning on buying a few pistols anyway. I received my permit about a week ago, and just today I bought two holsters and three high-capacity magazines for my prospective carry weapon, an SW99 in .40S&W. The one holster is a Blackhawk, goes on the belt OWB, the other is a shoulder holster (not sure of the make). I joined the forum to hopefully gain some more insight and knowledge as far as concealed carry goes. I may have only recently purchased my first few pistols (I have two S&W revolvers, one in .38sp and one in .357mag, along with the SW99), but I've been shooting both rifles and handguns for years with my self-proclaimed gun nut uncle, so I'm far from "green" as far as safe firearm handling and knowledge goes.

But as with other things, you can never know too much about something your life may depend on one day; and I'm sure most people here know more about this stuff than I do; so here I am, to learn.

·
Super Moderator
25,539 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A couple of other PA resident members will no doubt be along in a bit.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum - :smilez:

·
Administrator
143,596 Posts
Geoff

Thanks for registering.
The greatest "Firearm Involved" people on the Internet are right here. You found us. :usflag:
Hey Join Right In Geoff. Friendly Folks here! :yup:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi Geoff - and welcome :smilez:

Yep PA compadre here but unfortunately way out West from your 20. Congrats on your CCW and gun aquisitions - I have the small SW99 and have used it for carry now and again, tho SIG is the usual.

My step-daughter turns 21 this coming Monday so - she will soon be getting her CCW and she is booked in for a Basic Pistol course I am teaching this May -tho she has had intro range time already.

Hope you'll enjoy the good company here.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Hi Geoff and welcome to the Forum........... You'll find the place friendly, anf the Forumites very knowledgable............ Jump in and enjoy..

·
Registered
744 Posts
Welcome from NC. You'll learn much here but if you have been properly "trained" by a gun nut uncle, you probably have knowledge to share, too. Post away!!!:wave:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome...
you'll find that the more you learn, the more there is to know....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome!
There is a wealth of knowledge here. I know, I've benefited from it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.